Canon S800 Paper Jam - Help!

I have a Canon S800 that has seen very light use for the past two
years. I just decided to make it the primary printer and it just
decided to stop passing paper correctly!

The symptom is that it begins to retrieve a sheet, and it seems to get
stuck, or not pulled correctly by the rollers, it turns sideways a bit
and jams as the first 1/8" of paper is pulled in.

I tried the obvious stuff:
- Checked for obstructions
- Blew out the paper path with compressed air
- Made sure to use the proper weight paper
- Tried bending the paper a bit on the leading edge

I don't want to return this printer for repair, as the cost would
probably be prohibitive.

Any ideas as to what to do next?

"wjk" <bk4646@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Canon S800 that has seen very light use for the past two
> years. I just decided to make it the primary printer and it just
> decided to stop passing paper correctly!
>
> The symptom is that it begins to retrieve a sheet, and it seems to get
> stuck, or not pulled correctly by the rollers, it turns sideways a bit
> and jams as the first 1/8" of paper is pulled in.
>
> I tried the obvious stuff:
> - Checked for obstructions
> - Blew out the paper path with compressed air
> - Made sure to use the proper weight paper
> - Tried bending the paper a bit on the leading edge
>
> I don't want to return this printer for repair, as the cost would
> probably be prohibitive.
>
> Any ideas as to what to do next?

Sounds like you have done all the simple stuff.
If repair is not something you want to invest in, here in the states Canon
has a loyalty program. Had problems with my S520 after 3 years of heavy use
and when it died I called support, they gave a discount and free next day
shipping on the purchase of a new replacement.

Thanks PC Medic.

I was wondering if it would be beneficial to try to disassemble it to
see if the pinch rollers are dirty or dried out. Anyone try taking
this type of printer apart?

bk4646@hotmail.com (wjk) wrote in message news:<70f034a4.0410090550.56b4cdaa@posting.google.com>...
> I have a Canon S800 that has seen very light use for the past two
> years. I just decided to make it the primary printer and it just
> decided to stop passing paper correctly!
>
> The symptom is that it begins to retrieve a sheet, and it seems to get
> stuck, or not pulled correctly by the rollers, it turns sideways a bit
> and jams as the first 1/8" of paper is pulled in.
>
> I tried the obvious stuff:
> - Checked for obstructions
> - Blew out the paper path with compressed air
> - Made sure to use the proper weight paper
> - Tried bending the paper a bit on the leading edge
>
> I don't want to return this printer for repair, as the cost would
> probably be prohibitive.
>
> Any ideas as to what to do next?

If you feel up to it and are mechanically inclined, I suppose this would be
a possibility.
Once you find the releases getting the cover off is not bad, getting it back
on a little trickier.

A dirty feed roller can be cleaned without dis-assembly using a VCR capistan
roller clean kit fro your local Radio-Shack