Explorer Preview file thumnails

Here's a real head-scratch'r (for me anyway) if anyone would care to take a
shot at it. Anyone know how to get the Explorer preview thumbnails to show
up in XP like they did in W2K when you pick a single file that has a
thumbnail associated with it? Not the View Thumbnails option, I use Detail
View, but in W2K my 3D CAD models would show their thumbnail when I would
pick a file name listed in the browser's RH frame. Surly this is still
available in XP, no? ... Well ... okay ... maybe the previous statement is a
bit more hope than conviction then. <G>
~Larry

In windows explorer, deselect the folders button. On the left pane look at
the details section. Not sure if the CAD files will show but this shows
thumbnails for other image types (.jpg, .bmp etc...).

Hope that helps.

-C4jun

"Larry Caldwell" <lcXhoustonXrrXcom> wrote in message
> Here's a real head-scratch'r (for me anyway) if anyone would care to take
> shot at it. Anyone know how to get the Explorer preview thumbnails to show
> up in XP like they did in W2K when you pick a single file that has a
> thumbnail associated with it? Not the View Thumbnails option, I use Detail
> View, but in W2K my 3D CAD models would show their thumbnail when I would
> pick a file name listed in the browser's RH frame. Surly this is still
> available in XP, no? ... Well ... okay ... maybe the previous statement is
> bit more hope than conviction then. <G>
> ~Larry

Ah ... there that little ah heck is. No tell'n how long it would have taken
me to stumble onto that one. Couldn't find it in the local/web help files.
Thanks for your response. BTW, know if that bit is listed in the help files
anywhere? Thanks again for your dexterous insight ... now I can get on with
it and quit thinking about that every time I go to explorer. Youdaman!
~Larry