Application log is full

On our WinNT 4.0 server we got a message box this moring with the following error

"The application log file is full"

I pressed okay and the server kept running find and nothing seems wrong with the network or server, what is this error message as the knowledge base turns up nothing regarding this specific problem.

How is this fixed as I'm leaving the company soon and would like to have all of these little problems fixed before I go.

simple setting change:

Start / Programs / Administrative Tools (common) / event
viewer

Under Log, select Applications, then log settings, set it
to overwrite.

That is actually a default setting but could
be the culprit. Most of the time though
it's an error.
Furton,
Can you post the exact error or errors
which are filing up the application log?