deleted user account/my documents folder in windows 2000

Windows 2000

Per Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 303807: diagnosis "Your Windows
user profile is corrupted"

RESOLUTION:

QUOTE

Method 2: Delete Your Existing User Profile

To delete your existing user profile, follow these steps.

NOTE: You must be logged on as Administrator to the local computer to
delete user profiles.

1. Log on as Administrator or as a user with administrator rights.
2. On the Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
3. Double-click System, and then click the User Profiles tab.
4. Under Profiles stored on this computer, click the profile that you
want to delete, and then click Delete.
5. Log off.
6. Log on as the user account whose profile you deleted in step 4, and
then reconfigure your desktop environment with the settings that you
want.

END QUOTE

Argggh, apparently this deletes your entire My Documents folder.
Logging back on does not restore the folder.

Tried Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 314045, "HOW TO: Restore a User
Profile in Windows 2000" without success.

Help, all my files are gone (well, I have an old backup, but it is
old).

Thanks in advance.

There are third party tools available that handle this, such as Emergency
Undelete from http://www.undelete.com/coverpage.asp and others. Deleting the
files only marks the space as available to use so the sooner you stop using
the drive the better chance you'll have of recovery.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]