Cannot start Server service on NT4 Workstation

Tags:
  • Workstations
  • Servers
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 30, 2004 10:47:03 PM

Greetings!
I would appreciate it very much if you would help me on this matter. Our company have 2 Windows NT workstation system. I want to share a printer just for the 2 NT workstation. Problem is I get the this message when I start the 'Server' service in the Service applet of control panel:
"Could not start the server service on \\SA-300HOST.
Error 1130. Not enough server storage is available to process this command."

I checked the ram which is 130 mb and the HD is around 10Gb free. Thank you in advance

Best Regards,

Rene

More about : start server service nt4 workstation

Anonymous
July 30, 2004 11:13:55 PM

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:47:03 -0700, "rlcuizon14"
<rlcuizon14@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Greetings!
> I would appreciate it very much if you would help me on this matter. Our company have 2 Windows NT workstation system. I want to share a printer just for the 2 NT workstation. Problem is I get the this message when I start the 'Server' service in the Service applet of control panel:
>"Could not start the server service on \\SA-300HOST.
>Error 1130. Not enough server storage is available to process this command."
>
>I checked the ram which is 130 mb and the HD is around 10Gb free. Thank you in advance
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Rene

Try re-applying the Service Pack....

I resisted 'till I couldn't take it anymore.

(sigh) Address altered against Spam.

Replace the -at- and put the "spring-mind" in the correct order
Anonymous
July 31, 2004 4:51:01 AM

Thank you very, much. The printer is now shared.

"mhaase-at-springmind.com" wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:47:03 -0700, "rlcuizon14"
> <rlcuizon14@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Greetings!
> > I would appreciate it very much if you would help me on this matter. Our company have 2 Windows NT workstation system. I want to share a printer just for the 2 NT workstation. Problem is I get the this message when I start the 'Server' service in the Service applet of control panel:
> >"Could not start the server service on \\SA-300HOST.
> >Error 1130. Not enough server storage is available to process this command."
> >
> >I checked the ram which is 130 mb and the HD is around 10Gb free. Thank you in advance
> >
> >Best Regards,
> >
> >Rene
>

> Try re-applying the Service Pack....
>

> I resisted 'till I couldn't take it anymore.
>
> (sigh) Address altered against Spam.
>
> Replace the -at- and put the "spring-mind" in the correct order

Anonymous
July 31, 2004 6:39:55 PM

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 00:51:01 -0700, "rlcuizon14"
<rlcuizon14@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thank you very, much. The printer is now shared.

Happy to help!

!