Cannot start Server service on NT4 Workstation

Greetings!
I would appreciate it very much if you would help me on this matter. Our company have 2 Windows NT workstation system. I want to share a printer just for the 2 NT workstation. Problem is I get the this message when I start the 'Server' service in the Service applet of control panel:
"Could not start the server service on \\SA-300HOST.
Error 1130. Not enough server storage is available to process this command."

I checked the ram which is 130 mb and the HD is around 10Gb free. Thank you in advance

Best Regards,

Rene
3 answers Last reply
More about cannot start server service workstation

    On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:47:03 -0700, "rlcuizon14"
    <rlcuizon14@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Greetings!
    > I would appreciate it very much if you would help me on this matter. Our company have 2 Windows NT workstation system. I want to share a printer just for the 2 NT workstation. Problem is I get the this message when I start the 'Server' service in the Service applet of control panel:
    >"Could not start the server service on \\SA-300HOST.
    >Error 1130. Not enough server storage is available to process this command."
    >
    >I checked the ram which is 130 mb and the HD is around 10Gb free. Thank you in advance
    >
    >Best Regards,
    >
    >Rene

    Try re-applying the Service Pack....

    I resisted 'till I couldn't take it anymore.

    (sigh) Address altered against Spam.

    Replace the -at- and put the "spring-mind" in the correct order
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    Thank you very, much. The printer is now shared.

    "mhaase-at-springmind.com" wrote:

    > On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:47:03 -0700, "rlcuizon14"
    > <rlcuizon14@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Greetings!
    > > I would appreciate it very much if you would help me on this matter. Our company have 2 Windows NT workstation system. I want to share a printer just for the 2 NT workstation. Problem is I get the this message when I start the 'Server' service in the Service applet of control panel:
    > >"Could not start the server service on \\SA-300HOST.
    > >Error 1130. Not enough server storage is available to process this command."
    > >
    > >I checked the ram which is 130 mb and the HD is around 10Gb free. Thank you in advance
    > >
    > >Best Regards,
    > >
    > >Rene
    >

    > Try re-applying the Service Pack....
    >

    > I resisted 'till I couldn't take it anymore.
    >
    > (sigh) Address altered against Spam.
    >
    > Replace the -at- and put the "spring-mind" in the correct order

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 00:51:01 -0700, "rlcuizon14"
    <rlcuizon14@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Thank you very, much. The printer is now shared.

    Happy to help!

    >"mhaase-at-springmind.com" wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:47:03 -0700, "rlcuizon14"
    >> <rlcuizon14@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Greetings!
    >> > I would appreciate it very much if you would help me on this matter. Our company have 2 Windows NT workstation system. I want to share a printer just for the 2 NT workstation. Problem is I get the this message when I start the 'Server' service in the Service applet of control panel:
    >> >"Could not start the server service on \\SA-300HOST.
    >> >Error 1130. Not enough server storage is available to process this command."
    >> >
    >> >I checked the ram which is 130 mb and the HD is around 10Gb free. Thank you in advance
    >> >
    >> >Best Regards,
    >> >
    >> >Rene
    >>

    >> Try re-applying the Service Pack....
    >>

    >> I resisted 'till I couldn't take it anymore.
    >>
    >> (sigh) Address altered against Spam.
    >>
    >> Replace the -at- and put the "spring-mind" in the correct order

    I resisted 'till I couldn't take it anymore.

    (sigh) Address altered against Spam.

    Replace the -at- and put the "spring-mind" in the correct order

Workstations Servers Windows