How to set the Internet Explorer home page via system policy

Spin

Archived from groups: alt.os.citrix,microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Does anyone have a good .ADM template file I could use to set the Internet
Explorer 6.0 home page via system policy. I found three on the Internet
that do a lot of stuff for Internet Explorer 6.0 but none of them can
actually set the home page This is for NT 4 TSE.

Archived from groups: alt.os.citrix,microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Home and Search page are located in ieak.adm.
Download from
http://thethin.net/tsdownload.cfm#policies

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

"Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in news:2n1fj0FnoeadU1@uni-berlin.de:

> Does anyone have a good .ADM template file I could use to set
> the Internet Explorer 6.0 home page via system policy. I found
> three on the Internet that do a lot of stuff for Internet
> Explorer 6.0 but none of them can actually set the home page
> This is for NT 4 TSE.

Spin

Archived from groups: alt.os.citrix,microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Thanks, but ieak.adm isn't there! I see ones that do lots of stuff for
Internet Explorer 6.0 but within these, and I used a fine-toothed comb, none
can do something as simple as set the home page. That makes me very sad!

"Vera Noest [MVP]" <Vera.Noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
> Home and Search page are located in ieak.adm.
> Download from
> http://thethin.net/tsdownload.cfm#policies
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> *----------- Please reply in newsgroup -------------*
>
> "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in news:2n1fj0FnoeadU1@uni-berlin.de:
>
> > Does anyone have a good .ADM template file I could use to set
> > the Internet Explorer 6.0 home page via system policy. I found
> > three on the Internet that do a lot of stuff for Internet
> > Explorer 6.0 but none of them can actually set the home page
> > This is for NT 4 TSE.

Alec

Distinguished
May 31, 2004

"Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message news:2n791tFtq7kmU1@uni-berlin.de...
> Thanks, but ieak.adm isn't there! I see ones that do lots of stuff for
> Internet Explorer 6.0 but within these, and I used a fine-toothed comb,
none
> can do something as simple as set the home page. That makes me very sad!
>
> "Vera Noest [MVP]" <Vera.Noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
> > Home and Search page are located in ieak.adm.
> > Download from
> > http://thethin.net/tsdownload.cfm#policies
> >
> > --
> > Vera Noest
> > MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
> > http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> > *----------- Please reply in newsgroup -------------*
> >
> > "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in news:2n1fj0FnoeadU1@uni-berlin.de:
> >
> > > Does anyone have a good .ADM template file I could use to set
> > > the Internet Explorer 6.0 home page via system policy. I found
> > > three on the Internet that do a lot of stuff for Internet
> > > Explorer 6.0 but none of them can actually set the home page
> > > This is for NT 4 TSE.

If you cannot find theADM you want then make your own.
In your case set the IE home page to something distinctive, search for it in
the registry and create\modify an adm to set that value.
Rgds

---

Spin

Archived from groups: alt.os.citrix,microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Thanks Alec. Unfortunately, I do no know how to make such a beast.

"Alec" <alec@mascotte.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks, but ieak.adm isn't there! I see ones that do lots of stuff for
> > Internet Explorer 6.0 but within these, and I used a fine-toothed comb,
> none
> > can do something as simple as set the home page. That makes me very
sad!

> > "Vera Noest [MVP]" <Vera.Noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in
message
> > > Home and Search page are located in ieak.adm.
> > > Download from
> > > http://thethin.net/tsdownload.cfm#policies
> > >
> > > --
> > > Vera Noest
> > > MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
> > > http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> > > *----------- Please reply in newsgroup -------------*

> If you cannot find theADM you want then make your own.
> In your case set the IE home page to something distinctive, search for it
in
> the registry and create\modify an adm to set that value.
> Rgds
>

> ---

Alec

Distinguished
May 31, 2004

"Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message news:2n7le4FthmemU1@uni-berlin.de...
> Thanks Alec. Unfortunately, I do no know how to make such a beast.
>
> "Alec" <alec@mascotte.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> > "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks, but ieak.adm isn't there! I see ones that do lots of stuff for
> > > Internet Explorer 6.0 but within these, and I used a fine-toothed
comb,
> > none
> > > can do something as simple as set the home page. That makes me very
> sad!
> > >
> > > "Vera Noest [MVP]" <Vera.Noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in
> message

> > If you cannot find theADM you want then make your own.
> > In your case set the IE home page to something distinctive, search for
it
> in
> > the registry and create\modify an adm to set that value.
> > Rgds
> >

> > ---

use a .reg file in the logon script ?

---

Archived from groups: alt.os.citrix,microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

> "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks Alec. Unfortunately, I do no know how to make such a
>> beast.

Spin, here's my copy of ieak.adm.

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
CLASS USER ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

CATEGORY !!ProxyServer
KEYNAME "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings"

POLICY !!ProxyEnable
VALUENAME "ProxyEnable"
VALUEON NUMERIC 1 VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0
PART !!ProxyServerSet TEXT
END PART

PART !!ProxyServerSet1 EDITTEXT

VALUENAME "ProxyServer"
END PART
PART !!ProxyOverride EDITTEXT
VALUENAME "ProxyOverride"
END PART
END POLICY
END CATEGORY ;

CATEGORY !!OnlineSupport
KEYNAME "Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Help_Menu_URLs"

POLICY !!OnlineSupport1
PART !!OnlineSupport2 EDITTEXT
VALUENAME "Online_Support"
END PART
END POLICY
END CATEGORY ;

CATEGORY !!Strings_Pages
KEYNAME "Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main"

POLICY !!Start_Page
PART !!Default_Page_URL EDITTEXT
VALUENAME "Start Page"
END PART
PART !!Search_Page EDITTEXT
VALUENAME "Search Page"
END PART
END POLICY

END CATEGORY ;

CATEGORY !!IE
KEYNAME "Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\RestrictUI"

POLICY !!Cache
VALUENAME "Cache"
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0 VALUEON NUMERIC 1
END POLICY
POLICY !!Other
VALUENAME "Other"
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0 VALUEON NUMERIC 1
END POLICY
POLICY !!Crypto
VALUENAME "Crypto"
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0 VALUEON NUMERIC 1
END POLICY
POLICY !!Warnings
VALUENAME "Warnings"
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0 VALUEON NUMERIC 1
END POLICY
POLICY !!MailNews
VALUENAME "MailNews"
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0 VALUEON NUMERIC 1
END POLICY
POLICY !!FileTypes
VALUENAME "FileTypes"
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0 VALUEON NUMERIC 1
END POLICY
POLICY !!Default
VALUENAME "Default"
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0 VALUEON NUMERIC 1
END POLICY
POLICY !!Dialing
VALUENAME "Dialing"
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0 VALUEON NUMERIC 1
END POLICY
POLICY !!Proxy
VALUENAME "Proxy"
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0 VALUEON NUMERIC 1
END POLICY
POLICY !!Places
VALUENAME "Places"
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0 VALUEON NUMERIC 1
END POLICY
POLICY !!History
VALUENAME "History"
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0 VALUEON NUMERIC 1
END POLICY
POLICY !!Fonts
VALUENAME "Fonts"
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0 VALUEON NUMERIC 1
END POLICY
POLICY !!Internationl
VALUENAME "Internationl"
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0 VALUEON NUMERIC 1
END POLICY
POLICY !!Multimedia
VALUENAME "Multimedia"
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0 VALUEON NUMERIC 1
END POLICY
POLICY !!Toolbar
VALUENAME "Toolbar"
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0 VALUEON NUMERIC 1
END POLICY
POLICY !!Colors
VALUENAME "Colors"
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0 VALUEON NUMERIC 1
END POLICY
POLICY !!Links
VALUENAME "Links"
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0 VALUEON NUMERIC 1
END POLICY
POLICY !!Ratings
VALUENAME "Ratings"
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0 VALUEON NUMERIC 1
END POLICY

POLICY !!ActiveX
VALUENAME "ActiveX"
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 1 VALUEON NUMERIC 0
PART !!ActiveDownload CHECKBOX
VALUENAME "ActiveDownload"
END PART
PART !!ActiveControls CHECKBOX
VALUENAME "ActiveControls"
END PART
PART !!ActiveScript CHECKBOX
VALUENAME "ActiveScript"
END PART
PART !!ActiveJava CHECKBOX
VALUENAME "ActiveJava"
END PART
PART !!ActiveSafety CHECKBOX
VALUENAME "ActiveSafety"
END PART
END POLICY
POLICY !!Certif
VALUENAME "Certif"
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 1 VALUEON NUMERIC 0
PART !!CertifPers CHECKBOX
VALUENAME "CertifPers"
END PART
PART !!CertifSite CHECKBOX
VALUENAME "CertifSite"
END PART
PART !!CertifPub CHECKBOX
VALUENAME "CertifPub"
END PART
END POLICY

END CATEGORY ; IE

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
CLASS MACHINE ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

CATEGORY !!Title_Text
KEYNAME "Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main"
POLICY !!Set_Title_Bar
PART !!Set_Title_Bar2 EDITTEXT
VALUENAME "Window Title"
END PART
END POLICY

END CATEGORY ;

[strings]
IE="Internet Explorer user interface restrictions"
Cache="Disable controls for temporary Internet files."
Other="Disable all checkboxes at the bottom of the Advanced tab."
Crypto="Disable all controls in the Cryptography Protocols dialog
box."
Warnings="Disable all controls in the Warnings group box."
MailNews="Disable all controls in the Mail and News group box."
FileTypes="Disable all controls in the Viewers group box."
Default="Disable the checkbox for controlling default browser."
Dialing="Disable all controls in the Dialing group box."
Proxy="Disable all controls in the Proxy Server group box."
Places="Disable all controls in the Customize group box."
History="Disable all controls in the History group box."
Fonts="Disable all controls in the Properties dialog box (launched
from the Fonts Settings dialog box)."
Internationl="Disable Set Default and checkbox controls in the
Font Settings dialog box."
Multimedia="Disable all controls in the Multimedia group box."
Toolbar="Disable all controls in the Toolbar group box."
Colors="Disable all controls in the Colors group box."
Links="Disable all controls in the Links group box."
Ratings="Disable all controls in the Ratings group box."
ActiveX="Disable all controls in the Active Controls group box."
ActiveDownload="Disable just the Allow Downloading Of Active
Content checkbox."
ActiveControls="Disable only the Enable ActiveX Controls & Plugins
checkbox."
ActiveScript="Disable only the Run ActiveX Scripts checkbox."
ActiveJava="Disable only the Enable Java Programs checkbox."
ActiveSafety="Disable all controls in the Safety Level dialog
box."
Certif="Disable all controls in the Certificates group box"
CertifPers="Disable only the Personal button in the Certificates
group box."
CertifSite="Disable only the Site button in the Certificates group
box."
CertifPub="Disable only the Publishers button in the Certificates
group box."

ProxyServerSet="Sets values for your proxies separated by
semicolons."
ProxyServerSet1="Format: <URL>:<Port number>"
ProxyServer="Set the values for your proxy servers."
OnlineSupport="Online support for Internet Explorer"
OnlineSupport1="Set the URL for the online support materials"
OnlineSupport2="Enter the URL for the online support materials."
Strings_Pages="Definition of Home and Search pages"
Start_Page="Change the Start or Search pages?"
Default_Page_URL="Enter the URL for the home page."
Search_Page="Enter the URL for the search page."
ProxyEnable="Should the proxy be enabled?"
ProxyOverride="For which values should the proxy be overridden?"
Set_Title_Bar="Set text on the Internet Explorer title bar"
Set_Title_Bar2="Enter the text to be displayed on the title bar."
Title_Text="Customize the text in the title bar"

Spin

Archived from groups: alt.os.citrix,microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

THANKS! Worked! You are 'da woman!

> [...]
>

> ProxyServerSet="Sets values for your proxies separated by
> semicolons."
> ProxyServerSet1="Format: <URL>:<Port number>"
> ProxyServer="Set the values for your proxy servers."
> OnlineSupport="Online support for Internet Explorer"
> OnlineSupport1="Set the URL for the online support materials"
> OnlineSupport2="Enter the URL for the online support materials."
> Strings_Pages="Definition of Home and Search pages"
> Start_Page="Change the Start or Search pages?"
> Default_Page_URL="Enter the URL for the home page."
> Search_Page="Enter the URL for the search page."
> ProxyEnable="Should the proxy be enabled?"
> ProxyOverride="For which values should the proxy be overridden?"
> Set_Title_Bar="Set text on the Internet Explorer title bar"
> Set_Title_Bar2="Enter the text to be displayed on the title bar."
> Title_Text="Customize the text in the title bar"

TRENDING THREADS