Winver reports Service Pack 6, RC 1.3

I am trying to install software on a NT server that had service pack 6 and then the hotfix to make is 6a. The software install can not recognize that the sp6a is installed and will not install the new software. I uninstalled the hotfix and the service pack and then installed just the service pack 6a. It still does not recognized that it is installed.
What is the software looking for to validate the service pack?

Winver reports Service Pack 6, RC 1.3 -

Thank you,
I was hoping that the fix was available without a service call. Oh well! Thank you

"Valgoak" wrote:

> I am trying to install software on a NT server that had service pack 6 and then the hotfix to make is 6a. The software install can not recognize that the sp6a is installed and will not install the new software. I uninstalled the hotfix and the service pack and then installed just the service pack 6a. It still does not recognized that it is installed.
> What is the software looking for to validate the service pack?
>
> Winver reports Service Pack 6, RC 1.3 -

This article may help.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;246547

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Valgoak" wrote:
| I am trying to install software on a NT server that had service pack 6 and
then the hotfix to make is 6a. The software install can not recognize that
the sp6a is installed and will not install the new software. I uninstalled
the hotfix and the service pack and then installed just the service pack 6a.
It still does not recognized that it is installed.
| What is the software looking for to validate the service pack?
|
| Winver reports Service Pack 6, RC 1.3 -

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

"Valgoak" <Valgoak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> Thank you,
> I was hoping that the fix was available without a service call. Oh well!
Thank you

When it comes to getting hotfixes, I have found that if you are specific in
what you want (i.e. "I need the hotfix as specified in KBxxxxxx"), they will
send it to you with no hassles.