2003 server in NT 4.0 domain

juro

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2003

Hello,
I can´t include my new 2003 server to NT4.0 domain because of non-existing trust relationship. Can you tell how should I establish the trust. Thanks.

Are you joining it as a member server? Note that you'll probably need to
enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP since it's an NT domain.

First make sure you have a valid local account with local administrator
privileges on the 03 server. Then delete the computer account on the domain
controller (if exists). Then on the 03 server, right-click My Computer,
Properties|Network Identification|Properties, change to "Member of:"
Workgroup, then after restart change back to member of Domain (your domain
name), then you'll be prompted to provide a username and password with
domain account administration privileges, then after restart you should be
allowed to logon to the domain with a valid domain account.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]