tmp files in winnt directory

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 4, 2004 6:27:06 PM

I just recently noticed a huge amount of .tmp files being dumped into my WinNT directory (nt 4 sp6a). All of the files are ZTRXXXX.tmp, UPSXXXX.tmp, or FORXXXX.tmp. The server runs Exchange 5.5, Norton Antivirus CE System Center, Faxmaker for exchange, Norton Antivirus for Exchange.

They are filling up my C: drive. Anyone know what they are or how I can stop them?
Anonymous
August 4, 2004 7:57:45 PM

You'll need to get to the bottom of what application is creating them. This
tool may help you with that.
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/filemon.shtml

--
Regards,