tmp files in winnt directory

I just recently noticed a huge amount of .tmp files being dumped into my WinNT directory (nt 4 sp6a). All of the files are ZTRXXXX.tmp, UPSXXXX.tmp, or FORXXXX.tmp. The server runs Exchange 5.5, Norton Antivirus CE System Center, Faxmaker for exchange, Norton Antivirus for Exchange.

They are filling up my C: drive. Anyone know what they are or how I can stop them?
1 answer Last reply
More about files winnt directory

    You'll need to get to the bottom of what application is creating them. This
    tool may help you with that.
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/filemon.shtml

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Andrea Kulbacki" wrote:
    | I just recently noticed a huge amount of .tmp files being dumped into my
    WinNT directory (nt 4 sp6a). All of the files are ZTRXXXX.tmp, UPSXXXX.tmp,
    or FORXXXX.tmp. The server runs Exchange 5.5, Norton Antivirus CE System
    Center, Faxmaker for exchange, Norton Antivirus for Exchange.

    | They are filling up my C: drive. Anyone know what they are or how I can
    stop them?

Norton Antivirus Exchange Windows