P5ND2-SLI does not boot

Dimtwit

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
Just finished building a system on this board. I powered it on, and the LEDs turned on, and the cpu fan and case fans turned on. The PC speaker never beeped, and there was no display. I followed the instructions on the ASUS website, checked the cpu and memory installations, reaseated my video card, unplugged and replugged everthing coming from the PSU, held the power switch in for 10 seconds, and still nothing. fans and LEDs are on, but no beep, no display. The fan on the Video Card was on as well.

I'm returning the board, but what are the chances that it is something else. Wouldn't I at least start the boot process and maybe error out if the CPU was bad? ASUS website said that if you followed their instructions and still didnt work, it was either a bad Power Supply, Motherboard, or CPU. Given what happened, and watching the board power up, along with hearing the cd-rom spin the disc, I doubt it was the Power Supply, but then again, I'm not the most experienced builder.

pat

Expert
depend of the power the PSU can deliver. If it is a generic 300W, it might just not have enough power to have the board to fully post. It may not even have all the connector you need to fully power the board.

Dimtwit

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
Sorry, the Power Supply that came with the case is 450W. It's supposedly ready for a P4 installation. I had the 24 pin plugged in, as well as the 4 pin connector near the CPU. I even had the 4 pin SLI cord clipped in even though I didn't have 2 video cards installed. Didn't see any other places to send power to the board.

pat

Expert
I have a 450W PSU that refuse to post a nforce3 motherboard with an AMD64 3000+... a good 300w do post it. But the 450w do power older socket A motherboard and CPU as well as older Intel. Even with the 4 pins connector.