PC shuts down w/ FS

Last response: in Video Games
March 5, 2005 1:23:13 PM

Hi everyone !

I have a problem w/ FS 2004 (do you call it FS 9 in U.S. ?). It used to work
fine but something has been going wrong for a while. Everthing's fine at the
begining but it just shuts down my PC after 5 minutes of use or so.
I have the feeling something's wrong with my video card (ATI RADEON 9000
Atlantis Pro) as I also have that problem w/ a pool game.
Does anyone have an idea about what's going on ?

Other question : what is the best video cadr currently for FS ?

Thanks a lots for the answers.

TOM

More about : shuts

Anonymous
March 5, 2005 6:37:43 PM

Oh sorry, I guess ca is Canada, in which case perhaps your log fire is too
high!

Quilljar
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 11:45:01 AM

Might be the Powersupply that's too weak...but then again you said it was
working before. As for the heat as Quilljar suggested, you should definitely
have a look at that.

There's no "THE graphics board to run FS". Just get any of the pre-latest
(either ATI or nVidia). i say pre-latest because the latest always cost
horribly expensive. Don't go for a "SE, LE" label tho

Ralph Birden
Luxembourg

"thierry millère" <thierry.millere@videotron.ca> wrote in message
> Hi everyone !
>
> I have a problem w/ FS 2004 (do you call it FS 9 in U.S. ?). It used to
> work fine but something has been going wrong for a while. Everthing's fine
> at the begining but it just shuts down my PC after 5 minutes of use or so.
> I have the feeling something's wrong with my video card (ATI RADEON 9000
> Atlantis Pro) as I also have that problem w/ a pool game.
> Does anyone have an idea about what's going on ?
>

> Other question : what is the best video cadr currently for FS ?
>
> Thanks a lots for the answers.
>
> TOM

Anonymous
March 7, 2005 1:34:33 PM

I had similar problem. My problem was, the computer was doing a complete
shuttdown and re-boot itself. It would do it especially when using FS9
while flying with a couple of my friends via multiplayer. Well, to make a
long story short, It turn out to be the modem. After over 1 yrs of trying
everything, thinking it was FS9, finally change the modem and everything is
running great now.

Don

!