Versions/Service packs - how to tell current level??

August 12, 2004 2:22:41 AM

I should know how to find this, but am blanking - how do
I know what version/release/service pack I am currently
on??
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 4:50:16 AM

Paul wrote:
> I should know how to find this, but am blanking - how do
> I know what version/release/service pack I am currently
> on??

Several ways..

Start - Run and type in

winver

Or

Start -> Run and type in

cmd

then type in

ver

Or

Control Panel -> System (Right click on "My Computer", Properties) and look
under the General tab..

--
<- Shenan ->
August 12, 2004 11:15:02 AM

Right click My Computer. Go to properties!

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

"Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I should know how to find this, but am blanking - how do
> I know what version/release/service pack I am currently
> on??
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 6:02:47 PM

Hi, Paul.

Win+Break

In other words, hold down the Windows logo key and press the Pause/Break
key. The System Properties window will pop up in your face, and the info is
there.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA