Versions/Service packs - how to tell current level??

I should know how to find this, but am blanking - how do
I know what version/release/service pack I am currently
on??
3 answers Last reply
More about versions service packs current level

    Paul wrote:
    > I should know how to find this, but am blanking - how do
    > I know what version/release/service pack I am currently
    > on??

    Several ways..

    Start - Run and type in

    winver

    Or

    Start -> Run and type in

    cmd

    then type in

    ver

    Or

    Control Panel -> System (Right click on "My Computer", Properties) and look
    under the General tab..

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    Right click My Computer. Go to properties!

    --
    Regards:

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I should know how to find this, but am blanking - how do
    > I know what version/release/service pack I am currently
    > on??

    Hi, Paul.

    Win+Break

    In other words, hold down the Windows logo key and press the Pause/Break
    key. The System Properties window will pop up in your face, and the info is
    there.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    "Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I should know how to find this, but am blanking - how do
    > I know what version/release/service pack I am currently
    > on??

Microsoft Windows XP