product id number

Where do I find the product ID number for FS9? There is no help menu so I
cannot select help|about FS 2004 and get the product ID number. The auto
detect feature on the microsoft support site is unable to find the product
ID number. It would seem that Microsoft has changed there support options
because I have not had to specify a product ID number before when I have
contacted Microsoft for help.

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 10:46:34 -0500, Charlie Brookhart wrote:

> Where do I find the product ID number for FS9? There is no help menu so I
> cannot select help|about FS 2004 and get the product ID number.

Strange. I click Help/About and have a rather large popup appear with my
Product ID number... just like it said in the little printed booklet that
came with the sim.

Bill

Launch FS9 and select any flight. Once loaded hit the ALT key to bring up
the menu bar and select 'Help' and then 'About Microsoft...', you'll find
the Product ID number there :)

"Charlie Brookhart" <charliebrookhart46@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Where do I find the product ID number for FS9? There is no help menu so I
> cannot select help|about FS 2004 and get the product ID number. The auto
> detect feature on the microsoft support site is unable to find the product
> ID number. It would seem that Microsoft has changed there support options
> because I have not had to specify a product ID number before when I have
> contacted Microsoft for help.

I found the product ID number by inserting CD1 and it was listed at the top.