Sign in with
Your question

CNET embarrasses Intel in Dual core review

Last response: in CPUs
November 29, 2005 4:54:58 AM

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7-6389077-1.html?tag=lnav

FUGGER is already trying to argue that they used a shitty mobo. Ya i'm sure ASUS's top of the line Intel board with the Nforce4 32 SLI chipset realllllllllllllllllly changed the outcome of this for the worse :lol: 
November 29, 2005 1:02:21 PM

Those gaming results in round 2 are seriously embarrassing :oops:  , good god anyone who were considering a dual core option and saw those results would be easily sold, even if they knew basically nothing about computers.
November 29, 2005 1:07:29 PM

Intel comes out on tops in cost!!! :lol: 
Related resources
November 29, 2005 3:01:30 PM

lol tomshardware did a really good job of favoring intel. made them look useful for something.
November 29, 2005 3:46:51 PM

Quote:
FUGGER is already trying to argue that they used a shitty mobo.

It lost at everything. I have to argue it is a shitty mobo? I dont think so.

I sure its the best Intel mobo to an AMD fanboy and has no flaws... :wink:
November 29, 2005 4:10:44 PM

OMG..I found Porkster!!!
November 29, 2005 4:16:50 PM

LOL.. still as idiot as it was.. Complaining about the test did not make use of hyperthreading.. forgetting to mention that only the extreme edition actually has HT and the simple D don't.

There is nothing wrong with the Intel. You cannot expect those chip to perform in par with AMD. They are the "sempron dual core" if they were AMD.

They are priced right and for common dual core, they do the job ok..
November 30, 2005 12:13:59 AM

You are being unfair to Semprons. Semprons don't give off that much heat.
November 30, 2005 12:37:31 AM

Quote:
FUGGER is already trying to argue that they used a shitty mobo.

It lost at everything. I have to argue it is a shitty mobo? I dont think so.

I sure its the best Intel mobo to an AMD fanboy and has no flaws... :wink:
Stop trying to make it look that way FUGGER :roll:
The board is not any more than +-5% off of any other mobo which uses the same chipset. Maybe its not Xtreme :wink: but for the stock clocks it is an accurate representation of the platform.
November 30, 2005 1:25:10 AM

You are incorrect sir, far more than 5% off.

This is a SLI score on Intel with a pair of 7800GT's. CPU and GPU overclocked. A single XL scores higher than that.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1473121

Same cards on AMD will score over 10K.

Its not just SLI, the mobo in general in junk. Yes it works and runs SLI yet sucks hardcore. You would be far better off with a single X1800XL or XT on Intel.

The memory timing used on the Intel rig (crucial memory) was 5-5-5-15 @ 200FSB on the cnet review. I dont think I could have found worse memory. I am willing to bet they used 2-2-2-5 timing on the AMD.
November 30, 2005 3:22:28 AM

Do they run either setup with SLI? I didnt see it mentioned.....
Notice they also isolated the CPU in the GFX tests rather than pouring on the AA and AF with high resolutions.
November 30, 2005 3:46:06 AM

You are really taking the wrong track fugger. With the choice of benchmarks, there was no way to get any other result.
Those benchmarks are as biased to Amd, as THG's benchies are to Intel.
No-one can take either's review seriously. Anandtech, or HardOCP maybe, but cnet? or THG, not on your dime.
December 1, 2005 7:17:45 AM

FUGGER just banned a couple people on xtremesystems

xtremesystems thread

Personally I think you should be held to a higher standard when you’re in a position of authority. It’s kind of funny (ironic) when the FUG is spreading the FUD and someone calls him on it using a generally harmless analogy, they get banned. I’ve always had some respect for Fugger, (he does some amazing things with hardware) but it seems to come with a price. A price most are unwilling to pay. I really hope he comes to his senses (or the other powers that be at xtremesystems help him) and restores these accounts along with whatever dignity he has left.

I guess its ok to call people retards and infer that they beat their wives, but compare them to a child and out you goes.

Some recent quotes from this site by Fugger

A bunch of fanboys are you

I love the AMD circle jerks in every thread like this here on ****. You shove AMD anyones throat no matter what the scenario is. When ever someone debates the AMD fanboys they pack up like dogs to belittle, disrespect, and brow beat them into never wanting to post here again. FU2.

You picked the wrong forum for Intel advice. This forum is full of AMD fanboys and you will not get a good answer (Obvioudsly).

Stop wasting your time fighting with the retards here. I just interject and leave because the AMD Lemmings here troll everything Intel.

You know what I meant and dont be such a retard. Lame attempts at twisting anything anyone says to suit your needs doesnt come easy to you.

We all see through you and I am sure lots of people have left this site because of your AMD Nazi ways. You do it to everyone, not just me.

But then again, you will beat anything to death and I hope that doesnt include your wife.

Man, you wont let go.

You try to preach like you know wtf you are talking about but in reality what you say is total BS. PAE... dude, nice try but your a retard at best.

Who cares about your points, you have been proven wrong time and time again.

Maybe if you had this platform you would be a tad bit more knowledgeable than the average troll.

*** needs to fire the retards and hire people who know the standard and use it.
December 1, 2005 7:23:25 AM

Quote:
man, is it so hard to admit that intel is slower, you are probably a grown man, and you act like a 10 year old kid

what;s the big deal , the tables turn all the time, no matter if it's graphics or cpus, is it nvidia vs ati or amd vs intel

I like amd, and didn't have any problems admiting that intel was leading when they released the P4C. And so things go on P3 < K7 < P4 < K8 and so on and so on...

Is that bannable? Talk about a ~Z
December 1, 2005 4:50:44 PM

I must have benned you based on the info given here. :D 

Not sure that all those quotes are mine but it must have taken some time. Is this the best use of your time? dwelling on what I will say next?

I am human and have no problem speaking my mind. Just ask anyone here and it should no surprise to anyone. :wink:
December 1, 2005 4:59:02 PM

Quote:
FUGGER just banned a couple people on xtremesystems

xtremesystems thread

Some recent quotes from this site by Fugger

A bunch of fanboys are you

I love the AMD circle jerks in every thread like this here on ****. You shove AMD anyones throat no matter what the scenario is. When ever someone debates the AMD fanboys they pack up like dogs to belittle, disrespect, and brow beat them into never wanting to post here again. FU2.

You picked the wrong forum for Intel advice. This forum is full of AMD fanboys and you will not get a good answer (Obvioudsly).

Stop wasting your time fighting with the retards here. I just interject and leave because the AMD Lemmings here troll everything Intel.

You know what I meant and dont be such a retard. Lame attempts at twisting anything anyone says to suit your needs doesnt come easy to you.

We all see through you and I am sure lots of people have left this site because of your AMD Nazi ways. You do it to everyone, not just me.

But then again, you will beat anything to death and I hope that doesnt include your wife.

Man, you wont let go.

You try to preach like you know wtf you are talking about but in reality what you say is total BS. PAE... dude, nice try but your a retard at best.

Who cares about your points, you have been proven wrong time and time again.

Maybe if you had this platform you would be a tad bit more knowledgeable than the average troll.

*** needs to fire the retards and hire people who know the standard and use it.

I've only built a few rigs and have no claims at computer building expertise whatsoever... I know more'n some and a lot less than others... but I know an a**hole when I see/read one. My qualifications in this field of endeavor? I was a Sgt. in the U.S. Army Combat Engineers, late of the 8th, 5th and 2nd Combat Engineer Battalions "Essayon". I've commanded men in garrison, in the field and underfire. I KNOW men... If even half the quotes picted above are truly attributable to this character then he has no business running anything. Under combat situations... he'd a been gone the fiirst day. No neccesarily dead but wounded enough to get him out of the way... Wow... this guy's an adult?

Da Worfster :roll:
December 1, 2005 5:15:46 PM

Most are my quotes. taken out of context and over quite a few years. If you knew the other end of the conversation you would understand the quotes a bit better.

You see, I support Intel and that not sit well with others here. It shouldnt matter what machine I support.

You would also know I love to stir the hornets nest here.

Google fugger Intel
December 1, 2005 5:20:27 PM

Intel just got PWND!

lol
December 1, 2005 5:21:12 PM

Quote:
Most are my quotes. taken out of context and over quite a few years. If you knew the other end of the conversation you would understand the quotes a bit better.

You see, I support Intel and that not sit well with others here. It shouldnt matter what machine I support.

Why is that information important? I am public enemy #1 as I hold many of the Intel top overclocks and performance records.

You would also know I love to stir the hornets nest here.

Google fugger Intel

You learn quick in the **** that all the information in the world, poorly or "unpleasently" presented will neither pursuade men to follow your course nor get what you want done... done. You're right... I don't know both sides of the story and you may have been quoted out of context, hell you may even be right about the AMD vs. Intel dual core dust-up, but when trying to lead "how" you say a thing is often more important that "what" you say. That's all I'm trying to say...

Da Worfster
December 1, 2005 5:54:12 PM

Nah it didn’t take that long. No longer than it took to follow the thread on xtreme, certainly no longer than it took you to ban LOE. A quick search, a couple cuts and pastes. I was just so surprised that you cut him off so quickly. His analogy wasn’t even that bad, it wasn’t even personal. He said “acting” not that you were a 10 year old. I always though you had a somewhat of a sense of humor but I guess that was more your GOD complex getting the best of you. I also did a LOE search on your board and that guy wasn’t that bad. Kind of a good contributor. I guess for me the word hypocrite is a catalyst for action.

I don’t know why I posted all those quotes when usually I stay on the sidelines. (and yes some were out of context) I do kind of apologize.

I always like reading xtreme there are some darn good contributors there. What disappointed me the most is that only one guy kind of stood up to you after the ban and I could read the fear in his or her text. I wasn’t going to join and poop on your lawn.

Is xtreme hosted in Communist China?
December 2, 2005 3:18:18 AM

oh man, I love it when Fugger schools the amd puppies.
December 2, 2005 3:35:17 AM

first, meltie go get laid. second, fugger, you say that you support intel. youre more of a fanboy than the guy you banned. i would buy an intel cpu in a second if it cost less than an amd and ran better, cooler, etc etc... ive owned more intel rigs, and amd is faster now... its not a big deal, and not everybody is a fanboy for saying that.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
December 2, 2005 12:04:41 PM

LOL at porkster comments, gotta love it =), I do agree that the benchmark where somewath biased, but that always seams to be the case going one way or the other. People should'nt get that offended and should actually let go some. It seams they forget its only hardware and that being a nerd is'nt the only thing in life! :lol: 

So yeah AMD go get laid if you can, and uh everyone should just pick the damn CPU thats suits your needs! We all know porkster will get a Pentium-D 820/830 =)
a b à CPUs
December 2, 2005 2:53:10 PM

Hey Fugger, I'm behind you on that, if they used memory at 200MHz clock and CAS5, they intentionally hadicapped the system by a wide margin.

Also, even with whatever handicap, Intel won the price/performance comparison, way at the bottom with their 820D. Look at the curve, price ramps up much faster than performance for all processors tested, so the cheapest one gives you the most bang for the buck!

First place in bang for the buck: D-820

Second Place in Bang for the Buck: D-830

So even if they didn't purposely handicap the system, Intel still wins the price/performance comparison.
December 2, 2005 4:27:37 PM

All the penny pinchers cheer!!!!!
December 2, 2005 5:18:27 PM

Quote:
Dude I think you might be looking at a non-normalized graph upside down. Although I do believe that the 820d is the price to performance leader, by that graph the 3800x2 is to the right side of the curve. 8O

I did some fuzzy calculations and crash is right.

[code:1:bb8fa52e71] 4200 8.9 400 0.02225
3800 8.4 320 0.02625
830D 8.3 310 0.02677
820D 7.8 240 0.03250[/code:1:bb8fa52e71]
December 2, 2005 11:19:57 PM

When you're talking price/performance Intel may regain the lead in the top-end again. The Intel 955 Extreme Edition is now to be launched December 27, 2005.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=28074

The article saids its late, but its actually ahead of the originally scheduled January 15, 2006 launch. I guess they mean behind performance-wise. While the 955EE looks faster than the X2 4800+ due to its increased clock and increased FSB, it will be eclipsed by the FX-60 when its launched in January 10. I guess the 955EE will only have the raw performance lead for 2 weeks.

What's interesting though is that while the FX-60 looks to be faster, it is also significantly more expensive. The FX-60 will retail around $1199 which is a 20% premium over the 955EE.

"With the price set at $999, Intel is heavily under pricing AMD's FX-60 and 5000+, which will sell for a daunting 20% more. "

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27743

This of course means that Intel will finally reclaim the price/performance lead at the processor top-end.
December 3, 2005 1:22:05 AM

Quote:
This of course means that Intel will finally reclaim the price/performance lead at the processor top-end.

Don't make a fool of your self with those statements. :wink:

AMD will still remain the price/performance once the FX 60 comes out.
You're forgetting the X2 5000 which will be priced as the currently X2 4800 ($803).

Anyhow, the X2 4800 will decrease in price once those processors arrive next year. IMHO, the real price/performance king will be the X2 4800 since many can overclock it to 2.8 GHz on standard air cooling. :wink:
December 3, 2005 3:00:53 AM

The X2 5000+ looks good but I'm not sure when it'll be released. AMD has been pushing forward the FX-60 launch date in response to Intel constantly moving forward the 955EE. With AMD's focus on the FX-60, the X2 5000+'s launch date hasn't been announced yet as the January 10 day is only for the FX-60.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=28083

Most likely the X2 5000+ won't launch until a month later in order to avoid cannibalizing FX-60 sales. The FX-60 is clocked at 2.6GHz and the current X2 4800+ is at 2.4GHz. I haven't heard exactly what features the X2 5000+ will have but it'll probably also be clocked at 2.6GHz and will be differentiated from the FX-60 by having less cache. That would still put their performance levels pretty close, so it'd make sense for AMD to hold off on the X2 5000+.

If you want to take overclocking into consideration, the X2 4800+ isn't the only processor that can clock nicely. Cedar Mills have been shown to clock to 4.5GHz while Presler can clock to 4.25GHz. Both these results were using a stock Intel HSF.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=257...

At least the 65nm process finally restrains the Pentium 4 architecture's heat and power consumption levels. Anandtech has already shown that 90nm processors use 21% more power than their 65nm counterparts. As well, its interesting that although the 955EE has a 266MHz higher clock speed, a 266MHz higher FSB, and double the L2 cache it still runs cooler than the 840EE. While the 840EE heats up to 66C at full load, the 955EE only goes to 61C, an 8% drop.

http://hkepc.com/hwdb/65nm975x-8.htm

This was from earlier in November, so its only using an engineering sample CPU running on an early production i975X motherboard so the actual results should be a bit better.
December 3, 2005 5:18:19 AM

Considering what temps we saw in the stress test, I'd hazard that 61 is not with HT @ at full usage. Put 4 instances of F@H, say 1140 cores on there, and I'd bet the temps passed 61 quite quickly, on thier way up to the 70s. I'd also wager that all cores didn't complete @ the same time.
December 6, 2005 12:58:58 AM

Quote:
Hey Fugger, I'm behind you on that, if they used memory at 200MHz clock and CAS5, they intentionally hadicapped the system by a wide margin.

Also, even with whatever handicap, Intel won the price/performance comparison, way at the bottom with their 820D. Look at the curve, price ramps up much faster than performance for all processors tested, so the cheapest one gives you the most bang for the buck!

First place in bang for the buck: D-820

Second Place in Bang for the Buck: D-830

So even if they didn't purposely handicap the system, Intel still wins the price/performance comparison.

I agree as long as u do everything but game, there is no need for an x2. If u game and multi-task, X2 is the way to go.
a b à CPUs
December 6, 2005 1:25:41 AM

A Honda Civic beats a Carrara GT in price to performance ratios.
a b à CPUs
December 6, 2005 1:30:54 PM

For years in this forum Ive heard BUY AMD it has the best Price/Performance ratio.
Now Intel has the best Price/Performance ratio, and all I hear is BUY AMD its FASTER.
So basically what I get from this is All the Puppies
Fanbois /Trolls /Monkeys /Lemmings will say buy AMD no matter what.
I think it is funny as hell.
And yes I quite enjoy the occasional Fugger arguements.He may be a Intel Fanboi but at least he knows his hardware. Something I can not say about a lot of the AMD Fanboi's arround here.

All of the above statements are FACTS. If you have a problem with them then you need check yourself in the mirror and see which category you fit in.
The Cnet review is a joke, plain and simple. Lets run the test with a inferior motherboand and terrible memory timings. Our readers are AMD fanbois and need to see the AMD system win by a wide margin
December 6, 2005 8:27:20 PM

Once Intel gets something worthwhile out the door you will see the true nature of the Intel fanboys.
December 6, 2005 9:54:22 PM

Let think here. A year ago when P4 3.4ee came out. Laptop I went for that. Then when my Old computer started having problems I upgraded to a Amd 64 3000+. I pick which out runs best at the time. With fewest Problems at the time.

Like Prescott Heating problems
Or Intel P4 chip 1ghz recall.
And there the Intel Caculation error of frist generation intel.

But amd also had heating problems with the older chips. Amd 2100+ to 3200+

Problems we have on this fourms is people Like Fugger And his well known boyfriend who flames anything Amd.
December 7, 2005 12:33:53 AM

Anyone who thinks Intel has the best price/performance ratio is a fool.
You cant run any of the "D" chips without high end cooling. If you want performance, you have to get high end ram as well.
If you think they are good value, buy them. Nobody who has any sense would.
PS, you Intel fanboys are always welcome here.
a b à CPUs
December 7, 2005 1:39:25 AM

I'm going by THEIR OWN CHARTS when I say that. I wouldn't be getting a space heater for my own system.

But if you want to get generic, Intel boxed processors include a noisy cooler, and Corsair XMS2 5400C4 1GB twin packs (2x512MB) cost only $111.
December 7, 2005 2:13:45 AM

Yes, but if asked to build a dual core system, would you put your name on an 820 build?
I would only do it under duress, and I'm sure you are the same.
a b à CPUs
December 7, 2005 11:03:38 AM

Probably not unless a P4 dually was specifically requested, and even then with the warning that such a hot processor is going to come with a fairly noisy cooler.

In the summer I can't get my office cool, going with a P4 Dually would require me to add another air conditioner and likely increase my electric bill by whatever 81.6 KW/h cost at peak rates.
a b à CPUs
December 7, 2005 11:56:18 AM

So now it is down to personal attacks.
You have nothing to post but insults and bullshit?
When logic ,math and reasoning dosen't come out in favor of AMD you guys really lose it.
Oh and F U. I have AMD and Intel systems at home. Both do what I want them to do. I've never been a fanboi or troll.
But I really like laughing at their blatant stupidity, like your post above.

Oh and if manufacturers had went with BTX as specified by Intel there would not be the heat problems we have now.
December 7, 2005 1:24:44 PM

Quote:
When logic ,math and reasoning dosen't come out in favor of AMD you guys really lose it.

*Snicker* I laughed out loud after reading this... and I laughed even harder after reading this next statement:

Quote:
Oh and F U.

But hey, we're not losing it and are in total control of ourselves here, aren't we?

Yeah, right.

Quote:
Oh and if manufacturers had went with BTX as specified by Intel there would not be the heat problems we have now.

Talk about bullshit...

It's been discussed before; BTX does have a marginal improvement over ATX for Intel's heat problems. To me, it's more of a band-aid fix and doesn't solve the underlying problem: Intel processors generate too much heat for the performance they offer. If AMD can give you the same or more performance with much less heat... does it really make sense to stick with Intel?

(And that's why I'm ordering an Athlon 64 and a new motherboard to put it in today)
a b à CPUs
December 7, 2005 1:25:18 PM

Kind of rediculous that they had to re-design the entire enclosure for one CPU. In fact, had Intel not screwed up their power consumption so badly, we would never have heard of BTX.
December 7, 2005 2:35:35 PM

Quote:
It's been discussed before; BTX does have a marginal improvement over ATX for Intel's heat problems.
Yeah, by making a significant detraction to most GPU's cooling. As if that's a plus.

BTX only serves Scotty's insane heat. For anything else it's crap. :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

And actually, unless I'm missing something, it also makes kick arse coolers like the xp-120, sonictower, etc. impossible, no?
December 7, 2005 2:50:53 PM

lol that is why I will never buy Intel ever!!!!! AMD has always been the better choice! even in the Duron Days :) 
December 7, 2005 3:00:43 PM

Quote:
lol that is why I will never buy Intel ever!!!!! AMD has always been the better choice! even in the Duron Days :) 
One word: Northwood. :tongue:
December 7, 2005 3:06:29 PM

[/quote]One word: Northwood. :tongue:[/quote]

4 words... Piss on a Tree!

it is more like Deadwood now :) 
December 7, 2005 3:39:35 PM

Quote:
4 words... Piss on a Tree!

it is more like Deadwood now :) 
You bring up Duron and you call Northwood dead? :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
December 7, 2005 3:48:05 PM

I never said Duron was better in performance than the Northwood.. i just said it was the better choice. :)  I didn't mean to start an argument
December 7, 2005 4:48:07 PM

Quote:
I never said Duron was better in performance than the Northwood.. i just said it was the better choice. :)  I didn't mean to start an argument
**ROFL** I never said that you said that. I just found it funny that when I mention Northwood you call it dead, but you have no problem mentioning Duron, which has been 'dead' for even longer. :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
!