outlook servers for synchronization

August 26, 2004 5:57:57 PM

i ahve an ipaq 4155 and it uses outlook to synchronize.
it prompts me for a profile name and when i set it up it
asks about servers - ie. pop3, http, etc. what do i put
there to get it to start working. at the moment i just
guessed and put yahoo.com
any advice would be appreciated,
thanks,
jess
Anonymous
August 27, 2004 1:30:51 AM

"jessica" <jessicarabbit419@yahoo.com> wrote:

>i ahve an ipaq 4155 and it uses outlook to synchronize.
>it prompts me for a profile name and when i set it up it
>asks about servers - ie. pop3, http, etc. what do i put
>there to get it to start working. at the moment i just
>guessed and put yahoo.com
>any advice would be appreciated,
>thanks,
>jess

You only need to set up an email account if you want Outlook to
download your email. If you don't, just don't put in any servers.
You'll still be able to sync all of your other data.

If you do want to sync your email, you'll need POP3 access. Yahoo
sells that and chances are, your ISP gives you a free POP3 inbox
account. You'll need to contact your ISP's support pages for
directions.