what flight sim allows this

Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 5, 2005 4:03:50 PM

i want a sim that lets you shove a joystick up a passengers anusThis
is not an odd request lots of people want this... if theres a
disgruntled passenger they get the stick up the anus!

More about : flight sim

Anonymous
March 5, 2005 4:03:51 PM

March 5, 2005 4:43:25 PM

Juvi moron troll gas passed through the toilet trap again........

[PLONK]
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 3:16:31 AM

I second this suggestion. :}

"Melissa" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 11:10:01 PM

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 11:32:46 -0800, Melissa wrote:

> This should work nicely for you:
>
> Boot up from a floppy, then from the command prompt, type:
>
> format c:
>
> Then, some ridiculous warning might show up with a y/n option. Type:

> Then: <enter>
>
> I hope this helps! :-)

I never knew you were such an expert at these things, Melissa. ;-)

--

Marcel
(Gear up, AP engaged...hey...what's that emergency light?)

Anonymous
March 7, 2005 11:00:25 PM

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 13:02:12 -0800, Melissa wrote:

> Actually, when I had Win98SE, then WinME for a while, I did have to
> learn a useful trick or two in order to recover from my ignorant
> tinkering brought on by my sometimes dangerous curiosity. :-)

I have those moments too...I call them 'colleagues'. :-)

These are people that bought their first pc three years ago, heard the word
BIOS, found out how to access it and then the proverbial poo-poo hit the
fan!

--

Marcel
(...flying through an asteroid field ain't like dusting crops, boy!)

Anonymous
March 8, 2005 5:14:11 PM

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 20:10:01 +0100, Marcel Kuijper
<zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I never knew you were such an expert at these things, Melissa. ;-)

Hi Marcel

Melissa admitted that she didn't know a great deal about video cards
and the like.

She said nothing about not being an evil software fiend. :-0

James
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 5:14:12 PM

Anonymous
March 8, 2005 10:37:04 PM

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:13:13 -0800, Lawn Dart
<willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote:

>I've learned quite a bit in just these past few days, but still, I'm
>at the point where I only feel comfortable with hardware if I can
>collect advice and comments from people much more knowledgeable than
>I am in this regard; and it's not very difficult to find people with
>much more hardware knowledge and experience than I have! :-)

Seems to me like the best way to do it.

James
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 11:41:50 PM

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:08:07 -0800, Lawn Dart wrote:

Hiya Melissa...err Lawn Dart! :-)

LOL!!!
You finally changed your moniker, eh? I can't believe you listened to a
crazy Texan who goes by the name of Dallas. :-)

> I have an old 386 notebook computer from 1994 (it was called a
> "laptop" back then) with DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.1 on it, but that
> machine has never been connected to the Internet, as I just used it
> for writing and playing chess. And though I've had an "Internet"
> computer for just over five years now, and I'm pretty comfortable
> mucking about with software, including the OS itself, I'm still very
> afraid of messing with the BIOS. Even when someone mentioned a BIOS
> tweak that might help improve fs9 performance, I decided to leave the
> BIOS alone. :-)

I have a year old notebook and still call it a laptop.
Why did they change that anyway?

Anyway....it's the only computer I have in the house of which I've never
accessed the BIOS. And that's only because it's a completely different
piece of technology than the regular computers I've built.
Adding hardware is out of the question for me.
You could just have a look in the BIOS and study the various options.
There's always the possibility of exiting it without saving any changes you
might have accidentally made.

> I have, only once as I recall, gone into the BIOS to adjust one thing,
> but that was only with *very* explicit instructions in hand.
> Otherwise, I've left it alone.

That's always the best way to do it....using printed instructions.
I once downloaded a program, can't remember which one that was but it was a
long time ago, and during the install I got a message box on the screen
instructing me to adjust some of the BIOS settings according to the 'read
me' file. Yeah right! And now you're gone, program!

--

Marcel
(Q: What do you do when Stormtroopers look for you?

Hi Marcel,

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 20:41:50 +0100, you wrote:

> Hiya Melissa...err Lawn Dart! :-)

> LOL!!! You finally changed your moniker, eh? I can't believe you
> listened to a crazy Texan who goes by the name of Dallas. :-)

Hee hee! The "call sign" has indeed grown on me (thanks Dallas!), and
after "Sparrow", who's opinion on everything aeronautical I respect
without reservation, expressed a liking for the "call sign", I've
decided to accept my fate and be forevermore known to the simulated
flight community as "Lawn Dart". :-)

Perhaps if I ever do acquire my own "real world" flying contraption
(be it a "real" plane or "ultralight"), I may indeed have to have my
"Lawn Dart" call sign affixed to it. Sort of like the long since
grounded "Kiwi Airlines" (a name I thought was absolutely wonderful
for an airline, considering at least one of its possible meanings!).
;-)

>> I have an old 386 notebook computer from 1994 (it was called a
>> "laptop" back then)...

> I have a year old notebook and still call it a laptop.
> Why did they change that anyway?

And who are "they" anyway, to go about willy nilly changing names of
this or that?! :-) Of course, come to think of it, I rarely ever
actually put the little computer on my lap, as it just wasn't the
most comfortable position from which to type. :-)

> You could just have a look in the BIOS and study the various
> options. There's always the possibility of exiting it without
> saving any changes you might have accidentally made.

I have thought about that, and may indeed do it someday, but the BIOS
is something so scary to me that if I really have no great need to go
into it, I'll simply avoid dealing with it at all...just to be "extra
safe". :-)

> I once downloaded a program, can't remember which one that was but
> it was a long time ago, and during the install I got a message box
> on the screen instructing me to adjust some of the BIOS settings
> according to the 'read me' file. Yeah right! And now you're gone,
> program!

This seems a reasonable enough approach to me! :-) After all, what it
adjustments to the BIOS have the desired effect on the program in
question, but affects other things in a not so desired way? Knowing
as little as I do about the BIOS, unless the program very explicitly
explained any and all possible "side effects" of such an adjustment,
I would be wary of just going ahead with such a thing just to satisfy
one program.

- --
Melissa

PGP Public Keys: http://www.willkayakforfood.tk

March 8, 2005 11:41:51 PM

Marcel Kuijper wrote:

> You finally changed your moniker, eh? I can't believe you listened to
> a crazy Texan who goes by the name of Dallas. :-)

I think we need a write in campaign to change Dallas to something like
"Texas Flytrap", or something else aprapos!!

CRaSH

BTW - where is the varmit? On vacation on some exotic island again??
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 11:41:52 PM

Hi Lawn Dart,
So I guess it's safe to say you'll never flash your Bios to the latest
version. hehe
Tom
heh couldn't resist... :o )

Lawn Dart wrote:

> Hi Marcel,
>
> On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 20:41:50 +0100, you wrote:
>

>>Hiya Melissa...err Lawn Dart! :-)
>

>>LOL!!! You finally changed your moniker, eh? I can't believe you
>>listened to a crazy Texan who goes by the name of Dallas. :-)
>

> Hee hee! The "call sign" has indeed grown on me (thanks Dallas!), and
> after "Sparrow", who's opinion on everything aeronautical I respect
> without reservation, expressed a liking for the "call sign", I've
> decided to accept my fate and be forevermore known to the simulated
> flight community as "Lawn Dart". :-)
>
> Perhaps if I ever do acquire my own "real world" flying contraption
> (be it a "real" plane or "ultralight"), I may indeed have to have my
> "Lawn Dart" call sign affixed to it. Sort of like the long since
> grounded "Kiwi Airlines" (a name I thought was absolutely wonderful
> for an airline, considering at least one of its possible meanings!).
> ;-)
>

>>>I have an old 386 notebook computer from 1994 (it was called a
>>>"laptop" back then)...
>

>>I have a year old notebook and still call it a laptop.
>>Why did they change that anyway?
>

> And who are "they" anyway, to go about willy nilly changing names of
> this or that?! :-) Of course, come to think of it, I rarely ever
> actually put the little computer on my lap, as it just wasn't the
> most comfortable position from which to type. :-)
>

>>You could just have a look in the BIOS and study the various
>>options. There's always the possibility of exiting it without
>>saving any changes you might have accidentally made.
>

> I have thought about that, and may indeed do it someday, but the BIOS
> is something so scary to me that if I really have no great need to go
> into it, I'll simply avoid dealing with it at all...just to be "extra
> safe". :-)
>

>>I once downloaded a program, can't remember which one that was but
>>it was a long time ago, and during the install I got a message box
>>on the screen instructing me to adjust some of the BIOS settings
>>according to the 'read me' file. Yeah right! And now you're gone,
>>program!
>

> This seems a reasonable enough approach to me! :-) After all, what it
> adjustments to the BIOS have the desired effect on the program in
> question, but affects other things in a not so desired way? Knowing
> as little as I do about the BIOS, unless the program very explicitly
> explained any and all possible "side effects" of such an adjustment,
> I would be wary of just going ahead with such a thing just to satisfy
> one program.
>
> - --
> Melissa
>
> PGP Public Keys: http://www.willkayakforfood.tk

--

Life is a toilet bowl...
With regular flushing it stays clean....

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 14:14:11 GMT, James Hodson wrote:

> Melissa admitted that she didn't know a great deal about video cards
> and the like.
>
> She said nothing about not being an evil software fiend. :-0

He shoots....he scores!
:-)

I believe everyone has hidden talents...and I think she has several.

--

Marcel
(Any landing you walk away from, wasn't done by Melissa! <g>)

"CRaSH" wrote:

> I think we need a write in campaign to change Dallas to something like
> "Texas Flytrap", or something else aprapos!!

I'm all for it....

> CRaSH
>
> BTW - where is the varmit? On vacation on some exotic island again??

I was just thinking about that last night.
You'd think the r&r he got on Bora Bora would be enough to last him and
the lil missus a lifetime
I guess some people aren't satisfied as quickly as others. ;-)

Marcel
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 4:50:45 PM

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 12:30:28 -0800, Lawn Dart wrote:
> This seems a reasonable enough approach to me! :-) After all, what it
> adjustments to the BIOS have the desired effect on the program in
> question, but affects other things in a not so desired way?

That's why in every BIOS I've ever looked at, there's a "Reset Default"
option... just in case the operator really screws things up... ;)

Bill
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 7:40:58 PM

Hi Crash,

"BTW - where is the varmit? On vacation on some exotic island again??"

ROTFL!!!! :-)))

Fair dinkum, mate, you totally crack me up, in the nicest possible way,
of course!!

I don't suppose "the varmit" would mind it being known that he's
attending a Wedding, and then a spot of skiing....

I totally agree, it sounds like a tough job to me, too, but I suppose
someone has to make the sacrifice and do it!?!?

Geeze, I'm still laughing from your post - you're a Classic, mate!!

Regards,
John Ward
"CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
> Marcel Kuijper wrote:
>
> > You finally changed your moniker, eh? I can't believe you listened to
> > a crazy Texan who goes by the name of Dallas. :-)
> >

> I think we need a write in campaign to change Dallas to something like
> "Texas Flytrap", or something else aprapos!!
>
> CRaSH
>
> BTW - where is the varmit? On vacation on some exotic island again??

Anonymous
March 9, 2005 7:42:50 PM

Pearler, mate!! :-))

John
"Tom56" <buzz56@removethis.rogers.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> >>on the screen instructing me to adjust some of the BIOS settings
> >>according to the 'read me' file. Yeah right! And now you're gone,
> >>program!
> >

> > This seems a reasonable enough approach to me! :-) After all, what it
> > adjustments to the BIOS have the desired effect on the program in
> > question, but affects other things in a not so desired way? Knowing
> > as little as I do about the BIOS, unless the program very explicitly
> > explained any and all possible "side effects" of such an adjustment,
> > I would be wary of just going ahead with such a thing just to satisfy
> > one program.
> >
> > - --
> > Melissa
> >
> > PGP Public Keys: http://www.willkayakforfood.tk

> --
>

> Life is a toilet bowl...
> With regular flushing it stays clean....
March 9, 2005 7:46:36 PM

Hi Marcel,

"I can't believe you listened to a crazy Texan who goes by the name of
Dallas. :-)"

Why on earth not, mate - after all, nearly as many people listen to him
as they do to you??

Regards,
John Ward
"Marcel Kuijper" <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:08:07 -0800, Lawn Dart wrote:
>
> Hiya Melissa...err Lawn Dart! :-)
>
> LOL!!!
> You finally changed your moniker, eh? I can't believe you listened to a
> crazy Texan who goes by the name of Dallas. :-)
>

> > I have an old 386 notebook computer from 1994 (it was called a
> > "laptop" back then) with DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.1 on it, but that
> > machine has never been connected to the Internet, as I just used it
> > for writing and playing chess. And though I've had an "Internet"
> > computer for just over five years now, and I'm pretty comfortable
> > mucking about with software, including the OS itself, I'm still very
> > afraid of messing with the BIOS. Even when someone mentioned a BIOS
> > tweak that might help improve fs9 performance, I decided to leave the
> > BIOS alone. :-)
>
> I have a year old notebook and still call it a laptop.
> Why did they change that anyway?
>
> Anyway....it's the only computer I have in the house of which I've never
> accessed the BIOS. And that's only because it's a completely different
> piece of technology than the regular computers I've built.
> Adding hardware is out of the question for me.
> You could just have a look in the BIOS and study the various options.
> There's always the possibility of exiting it without saving any changes
you
> might have accidentally made.
>

> > I have, only once as I recall, gone into the BIOS to adjust one thing,
> > but that was only with *very* explicit instructions in hand.
> > Otherwise, I've left it alone.
>
> That's always the best way to do it....using printed instructions.
> I once downloaded a program, can't remember which one that was but it was
> long time ago, and during the install I got a message box on the screen
> instructing me to adjust some of the BIOS settings according to the 'read
> me' file. Yeah right! And now you're gone, program!
>
> --
>
> Marcel
> (Q: What do you do when Stormtroopers look for you?
> A: Lock the doors. And hope they don't have blasters!)
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 1:05:51 AM

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 16:46:36 +1000, John Ward wrote:

> Hi Marcel,
>
> "I can't believe you listened to a crazy Texan who goes by the name of
> Dallas. :-)"
>
> Why on earth not, mate - after all, nearly as many people listen to him
> as they do to you??

Yeah...but everybody knows you can't take a crazy Dutchman seriously. ;-)

--

Marcel
(Q: What do you do when Stormtroopers look for you?
A: Lock the doors. And hope they don't have blasters!)
March 11, 2005 5:02:42 AM

Marcel Kuijper wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 16:46:36 +1000, John Ward wrote:
>

>>Hi Marcel,
>>
>> "I can't believe you listened to a crazy Texan who goes by the name of
>>Dallas. :-)"
>>
>> Why on earth not, mate - after all, nearly as many people listen to him
>>as they do to you??
>

> Yeah...but everybody knows you can't take a crazy Dutchman seriously. ;-)

Dalli just returned from this years Rattlesnake Roundup. Many people
head out into the desert and in among the cedar to flush these guy out
of their hiding places.

It also reminded me to get the shotgun out and go hunting on our
property. I've killed two 5 - 6 foot Rattlers both while walking a dog
in the middle of the night and some workmen killed one small guy. It
costs over $1000.00 here to treat dogs bitten by these guys and there's
no guarantee to dog will live. In fact the odds are against survival.
Treatment for me if I'm bitten is free so Id rather get it instead of
one of the dogs.

http://xs19.xs.to/pics/05105/snake01.jpg

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
March 11, 2005 5:02:43 AM

"boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
> It also reminded me to get the shotgun out and go hunting on our
> property. I've killed two 5 - 6 foot Rattlers both while walking a dog
> in the middle of the night

I'll be going to the "grandaddy" Sweetwater roundup this weekend to see what
all the fuss is about.

I catch rattlers live and relocate them vs. killing them (in general; recent
studies show at least adult rattlesnakes do not adapt well after relocation
away from their "home turf," so I might just start eating them). The dog of
our house's previous owner died from snakebite, and a neighbor's dog got
bitten on the head, which "swole up like a basketball." All I've seen here
so far is a decent-size bullsnake.
--
Chris
http://www.mcmartinville.com

Chris McMartin wrote:

The dog of
> our house's previous owner died from snakebite, and a neighbor's dog got
> bitten on the head, which "swole up like a basketball." All I've seen here
> so far is a decent-size bullsnake.

Before I learned the difference I killed a rat snake out in the front
yard. The coloring looked more like a moccasin. But since then I take
the harmless snakes back behind us into the thick woods. I only move
them because we have a couple dogs that would kill them.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
March 11, 2005 8:07:41 AM

Lawn Dart wrote:

> Hi boB,
> Eek! I'm sure glad I live in a place with no poisonous creepy
> crawlers! (too cold and wet here?). Snakes and spiders are just fine
> with me if they keep their distance, but if one gets too near my
> skin, I'm not especially happy about that; though I'd rather move out
> of their way than kill them.
>
> I have encountered some rattlesnakes in eastern WA and in the deserts
> of the southwest, but happily, if they weren't just sleeping in the
> sun, they seemed at least as interested in getting out of my way as I
> was in getting out of theirs! :-)

The Rattlesnake will also run if given the chance. But the danger to
our dogs is too great to leave them alone. It's funny, before the first
encounter I had walked all over the property walking dogs day and night.
I was walking with an Akita girl we had just taken in and we hadn't had
time to fully evaluate. I had a mini-mag light with run-down batteries
but I didn't think I would need a bright light. The Akita was walking
along the fence but a person can't walk there easily so I was walking a
path through brush when I heard a loud noise like a rabbit would make in
the leaves. But as I got closer where my dim flashlight actually lit up
the area I saw the big guy there all coiled and ready. He didn't rattle
until the Akita walked right by me going directly toward the snake.
Evaluated or not I quickly grabbed a handful of skin on her right side
and pulled her back and away. Luckily she didn't snap or even get
annoyed. She acted like she had done something wrong and I was punishing
her. The next night I took the shotgun down and found him in the same
spot but not coiled. Poor guy never had the chance.

The second time I had no flashlight at all and I was calling our cat. I
meow very loud and she answers me, usually off into the woods. I was
walking toward her as she climbed the chain link and dropped down to the
ground. Right then the big one coiled up and the rattles were going
off. The cat was on the other side of this snake but I couldn't do
anything but hope the cat would not be curious. I went back for a
flashlight (a bright one) and the shotgun. When I got back the snake
was still coiled and the cat was somewhere else.

> My mother grew up in Thailand, where there are several small and large
> creepy critters (she doesn't ride a bicycle because of a crocodile
> encounter, but that's another story), and once my grandfather shot a
> coral snake on her bed while she was still in it! (it had slithered
> up a tree and into her window).
>
> - --
> Melissa

Mon o Man o Man. I would be scared to death around there. I talked about
the elephant we scared in South Africa hut there were other tense
moments. Like driving at night and seeing a "Hippo crossing road" sign.
We thought it would make a good picture so we got out and like idiots,
went to the sign and I took some pictures of Gabriella beside the sign.
Then we heard some rustling in the weeds off to the side of the road. We
don't know what the heck that was but we jumped back in the care pretty
quick.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
March 11, 2005 8:18:18 AM

Lawn Dart wrote:

> My mother grew up in Thailand, where there are several small and large
> creepy critters (she doesn't ride a bicycle because of a crocodile
> encounter, but that's another story), and once my grandfather shot a
> coral snake on her bed while she was still in it! (it had slithered
> up a tree and into her window).
>
> - --
> Melissa

I just wrote a long message which talked about finding the snakes but it
went bye bye somehow. So this is a short version. :)

I would be scared to death if I knew there were crocs around. I like it
right here in Texas. :)

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
March 11, 2005 9:28:21 AM

"Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message
> Eek! I'm sure glad I live in a place with no poisonous creepy
> crawlers!

To be anal-retentive, NO snake is poisonous. You can eat ALL of them! Some
MUSHROOMS are poisonous (will harm you if ingested), but as far as snakes
go, they have to actually inject the venom into your tissues. :)
March 11, 2005 10:52:52 AM

boB wrote:
> I would be scared to death if I knew there were crocs around. I like
> it right here in Texas.

Yeah, you got enough to worry about with the armadillos...... d:->))
March 12, 2005 8:52:32 PM

"boB"
> Dalli just returned from this years Rattlesnake Roundup.

Well, not really... :-)

But I was in the desert... Santa Fe, NM. Funny story, Santa Fe is a real
artsy fartsy, midlife hippie, Southwestern Cuisine, earth shoe wearin' kinda
place. (Lawn Dart would be right at home :-) The restaurants compete with
each other for weird menus.

This was the most normal entrée on the menu on our last night:

Kale and eggplant, goat cheese, blue corn enchiladas in tomatillo sauce.

It wasn't the worst thing I've ever eaten.

Dallas
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 8:52:33 PM

March 13, 2005 2:14:58 AM

Dallas wrote:

> "boB"
>
>>Dalli just returned from this years Rattlesnake Roundup.
>

> Well, not really... :-)
>
> But I was in the desert... Santa Fe, NM. Funny story, Santa Fe is a real
> artsy fartsy, midlife hippie, Southwestern Cuisine, earth shoe wearin' kinda
> place. (Lawn Dart would be right at home :-) The restaurants compete with
> each other for weird menus.

With one of my wives I owned 30 Acres just north of Las Vegas NM, just
off the lake. Lost that too. :)

Off topic: Just for those interested in pets

Talking about rattlesnakes, Gabriella found the page I started (and
never finished) showing the Akita That I grabbed her by the skin pulling
her away from the snake. You can see her head is bigger than mine. I was
lucky she was a sweetheart and didn't snap.

She went to a home where the lady was terminal ill and confined to the
bed. In the pictures of Keesha here when we visited the lady got worried
that we were going to take Keesha back. Keesha stayed right beside her
until she passed away.

http://tinyurl.com/476mk

And last week we received an email about an Akita in a Kentucky shelter
needing a home and was running out of time. Last night the volunteer
searching like crazy for somewhere Sadie could go gave up and Sadie was
going to be PTS. We told her we would take Sadie in and they are trying
to get a travel package together. I have sent a white Akita to Alabama
like this where people along the route drive the dog to the next person
so each leg is about 100 miles. As soon as they get the people together
to move the dog here we'll get her. The longest distance we took a dog
in was a blind Akita in a Maryland shelter. 2000 miles away. As soon as
we told them we would take her is the shelter volunteer put KellySue on
a plane and flew with her to Austin where we took her. It took 1 1/2
years to find her a home but she's in a wonderful family in Waxahatchie
Texas. (Dalli can correct the spelling, it's near Dallas)

Sadie, the Akita we have coming here:
She doesn't look very healthy and is Heartworm Positive but she will
look much better when she is here a while.

http://xs19.xs.to/pics/05102/sadie02.jpg

KellySue, blind Akita from Maryland. There are a couple dogs on the
page showing the blind dog hoop but you will know they aren't Akitas

http://tinyurl.com/43nvu

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
March 13, 2005 2:14:59 AM

March 13, 2005 4:32:23 AM

Lawn Dart wrote:

> It's been several months now, and still my cat will now and again
> investigate the "secret spots" where the kittens liked to hide. He's
> still thinking about them; and so am I.
>
> - --
> Melissa

Ain't animals great. I like our pack better than some humans I know. I'm
glad you found the kittens before something bad happened.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
March 15, 2005 7:07:29 AM

Lawn Dart wrote:

> I have encountered some rattlesnakes in eastern WA and in the deserts
> of the southwest, but happily, if they weren't just sleeping in the
> sun, they seemed at least as interested in getting out of my way as I
> was in getting out of theirs! :-)
>
> My mother grew up in Thailand, where there are several small and large
> creepy critters (she doesn't ride a bicycle because of a crocodile
> encounter, but that's another story), and once my grandfather shot a
> coral snake on her bed while she was still in it! (it had slithered
> up a tree and into her window).

AAKKK Rattlesnakes will run (well, crawl) away if given the chance but
the dogs won't let them. So I'm sure the dogs would be bitten. There
are several garden type snakes here and after I looked them up to make
sure they were non-poisonous I took them into the woods out behind us
and let them loose. Even the Dam frogs. They hibernate under rocks and
when warm weather sets in they all want to jump in the pool. I take them
back to the woods also. Gabriella won't touch them at all. :)

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)