what flight sim allows this

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

i want a sim that lets you shove a joystick up a passengers anusThis
is not an odd request lots of people want this... if theres a
disgruntled passenger they get the stick up the anus!

_________________________________________________________
Posted via the -Web to Usenet- forums at http://forums.simradar.com
Visit www.simradar.com and try our Flight Simulation Search Engine!
35 answers Last reply
More about what flight this
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: RIPEMD160

    Hi 22362849,

    On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 13:03:50 -0600, you wrote:

    > i want a sim that lets you shove a joystick up a passengers anusThis
    > is not an odd request lots of people want this... if theres a
    > disgruntled passenger they get the stick up the anus!

    This should work nicely for you:

    Boot up from a floppy, then from the command prompt, type:

    format c:

    Then, some ridiculous warning might show up with a y/n option. Type:

    y

    Then: <enter>

    I hope this helps! :-)

    - --
    Melissa

    PGP Public Keys: http://www.willkayakforfood.tk

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

    iQCVAwUBQioJTDEYqNTZBqoEAQPSgQP8Dsn7W84nOmXfu00tknMz3dPqCj98ffPu
    6BaLo0ZPDeKvh2ftmqpojPS+sGRHgR1rp4GD9ENAOXdjtyE3JtuauTiUnzmcZxb7
    FUW48hgcLwSRVfqVhn6C+jhL+B0wRq/jUygeQvI3k0/IpjSfSvZEpUEd0q733dlY
    gwCZtHoPPDA=
    =9LOF
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Juvi moron troll gas passed through the toilet trap again........

    [PLONK]
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    I second this suggestion. :}


    "Melissa" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message
    news:1g3afgexyf8bo$.dlg@uni-berlin.de...
    > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    > Hash: RIPEMD160
    >
    > Hi 22362849,
    >
    > On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 13:03:50 -0600, you wrote:
    >
    > > i want a sim that lets you shove a joystick up a passengers anusThis
    > > is not an odd request lots of people want this... if theres a
    > > disgruntled passenger they get the stick up the anus!
    >
    > This should work nicely for you:
    >
    > Boot up from a floppy, then from the command prompt, type:
    >
    > format c:
    >
    > Then, some ridiculous warning might show up with a y/n option. Type:
    >
    > y
    >
    > Then: <enter>
    >
    > I hope this helps! :-)
    >
    > - --
    > Melissa
    >
    > PGP Public Keys: http://www.willkayakforfood.tk
    >
    > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    >
    > iQCVAwUBQioJTDEYqNTZBqoEAQPSgQP8Dsn7W84nOmXfu00tknMz3dPqCj98ffPu
    > 6BaLo0ZPDeKvh2ftmqpojPS+sGRHgR1rp4GD9ENAOXdjtyE3JtuauTiUnzmcZxb7
    > FUW48hgcLwSRVfqVhn6C+jhL+B0wRq/jUygeQvI3k0/IpjSfSvZEpUEd0q733dlY
    > gwCZtHoPPDA=
    > =9LOF
    > -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 11:32:46 -0800, Melissa wrote:

    > This should work nicely for you:
    >
    > Boot up from a floppy, then from the command prompt, type:
    >
    > format c:
    >
    > Then, some ridiculous warning might show up with a y/n option. Type:
    >
    > y
    >
    > Then: <enter>
    >
    > I hope this helps! :-)


    I never knew you were such an expert at these things, Melissa. ;-)

    --

    Marcel
    (Gear up, AP engaged...hey...what's that emergency light?)
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: RIPEMD160

    Hi Marcel,

    On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 20:10:01 +0100, you wrote:

    > I never knew you were such an expert at these things, Melissa. ;-)

    I was only trying to be helpful! ;-)

    Actually, when I had Win98SE, then WinME for a while, I did have to
    learn a useful trick or two in order to recover from my ignorant
    tinkering brought on by my sometimes dangerous curiosity. :-)

    - --
    Melissa

    PGP Public Keys: http://www.willkayakforfood.tk

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

    iQCVAwUBQitvvzEYqNTZBqoEAQNvlAQAp9gMYgZTegVTvS3FAMSDH/CFvneTUu9N
    ygjsWlBYKD3C1JIGofCfl7c+AcM2vCudAlq5XBhfhaCNw1TU8Adil6bktMf5BiIa
    IAU7l8Cg5IEdvJlErJ9FxluTh2L+gTv3+FxnGT3qS38kLMduso5CfzIhv77AMKxi
    Kjvz/e8mYKo=
    =XLuc
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 13:02:12 -0800, Melissa wrote:


    > Actually, when I had Win98SE, then WinME for a while, I did have to
    > learn a useful trick or two in order to recover from my ignorant
    > tinkering brought on by my sometimes dangerous curiosity. :-)

    I have those moments too...I call them 'colleagues'. :-)

    These are people that bought their first pc three years ago, heard the word
    BIOS, found out how to access it and then the proverbial poo-poo hit the
    fan!

    --

    Marcel
    (...flying through an asteroid field ain't like dusting crops, boy!)
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: RIPEMD160

    Hi Marcel,

    On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 20:00:25 +0100, you wrote:

    > I have those moments too...I call them 'colleagues'. :-)
    >
    > These are people that bought their first pc three years ago, heard
    > the word BIOS, found out how to access it and then the proverbial
    > poo-poo hit the fan!

    I have an old 386 notebook computer from 1994 (it was called a
    "laptop" back then) with DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.1 on it, but that
    machine has never been connected to the Internet, as I just used it
    for writing and playing chess. And though I've had an "Internet"
    computer for just over five years now, and I'm pretty comfortable
    mucking about with software, including the OS itself, I'm still very
    afraid of messing with the BIOS. Even when someone mentioned a BIOS
    tweak that might help improve fs9 performance, I decided to leave the
    BIOS alone. :-)

    I have, only once as I recall, gone into the BIOS to adjust one thing,
    but that was only with *very* explicit instructions in hand.
    Otherwise, I've left it alone.

    - --
    Melissa

    PGP Public Keys: http://www.willkayakforfood.tk

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

    iQCVAwUBQi34DjEYqNTZBqoEAQMK4wP/SdqzgamfRPJW0oAzQa/5OpEb+88nYTyS
    w8BviUdSXGltvpuSlcWHaldvb0QBzXSavON/U5DXp+ZeH9dGuOVL7FP4CF1t5UBF
    QmtxXnB5JErzMS7rrHXNXfPMRWXK912FhaJMg6ygluAL93XInuoC9yS335p33U6J
    vCIhNMc92z8=
    =9QdJ
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 20:10:01 +0100, Marcel Kuijper
    <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I never knew you were such an expert at these things, Melissa. ;-)

    Hi Marcel

    Melissa admitted that she didn't know a great deal about video cards
    and the like.

    She said nothing about not being an evil software fiend. :-0

    James
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: RIPEMD160

    Hi James,

    On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 14:14:11 GMT, you wrote:

    > Melissa admitted that she didn't know a great deal about video cards
    > and the like.
    >
    > She said nothing about not being an evil software fiend. :-0

    Quite true. Though I can still mess up software pretty thoroughly if
    I try hard enough, I'm pretty comfortable with tweaking software.
    It's hardware that I *really* know very little about, and every time
    I want to deal with hardware, I have to ask lots of questions.

    I've learned quite a bit in just these past few days, but still, I'm
    at the point where I only feel comfortable with hardware if I can
    collect advice and comments from people much more knowledgeable than
    I am in this regard; and it's not very difficult to find people with
    much more hardware knowledge and experience than I have! :-)

    - --
    Melissa

    PGP Public Keys: http://www.willkayakforfood.tk

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

    iQCVAwUBQi35PzEYqNTZBqoEAQNfxwQAnnRB5o/ZNiCO+VotB3ZZmIeVXDpwHlWV
    0pAJnDBbJ7EyVRC++ROWw8kzxxPkH0e/AIJEDmkJMn6tCFSiloWPXi0UZ2p3AMMl
    xxZMKz881yWGNhvmb4/yv8Xp4ePnU/wiyUHCITDi+LSiLwQUDn2PqDbeGwBZNW+w
    eLsKgngheVI=
    =+Kfy
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:13:13 -0800, Lawn Dart
    <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote:

    >I've learned quite a bit in just these past few days, but still, I'm
    >at the point where I only feel comfortable with hardware if I can
    >collect advice and comments from people much more knowledgeable than
    >I am in this regard; and it's not very difficult to find people with
    >much more hardware knowledge and experience than I have! :-)

    Seems to me like the best way to do it.

    James
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:08:07 -0800, Lawn Dart wrote:

    Hiya Melissa...err Lawn Dart! :-)

    LOL!!!
    You finally changed your moniker, eh? I can't believe you listened to a
    crazy Texan who goes by the name of Dallas. :-)


    > I have an old 386 notebook computer from 1994 (it was called a
    > "laptop" back then) with DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.1 on it, but that
    > machine has never been connected to the Internet, as I just used it
    > for writing and playing chess. And though I've had an "Internet"
    > computer for just over five years now, and I'm pretty comfortable
    > mucking about with software, including the OS itself, I'm still very
    > afraid of messing with the BIOS. Even when someone mentioned a BIOS
    > tweak that might help improve fs9 performance, I decided to leave the
    > BIOS alone. :-)

    I have a year old notebook and still call it a laptop.
    Why did they change that anyway?

    Anyway....it's the only computer I have in the house of which I've never
    accessed the BIOS. And that's only because it's a completely different
    piece of technology than the regular computers I've built.
    Adding hardware is out of the question for me.
    You could just have a look in the BIOS and study the various options.
    There's always the possibility of exiting it without saving any changes you
    might have accidentally made.


    > I have, only once as I recall, gone into the BIOS to adjust one thing,
    > but that was only with *very* explicit instructions in hand.
    > Otherwise, I've left it alone.

    That's always the best way to do it....using printed instructions.
    I once downloaded a program, can't remember which one that was but it was a
    long time ago, and during the install I got a message box on the screen
    instructing me to adjust some of the BIOS settings according to the 'read
    me' file. Yeah right! And now you're gone, program!

    --

    Marcel
    (Q: What do you do when Stormtroopers look for you?
    A: Lock the doors. And hope they don't have blasters!)
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: RIPEMD160

    Hi Marcel,

    On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 20:41:50 +0100, you wrote:

    > Hiya Melissa...err Lawn Dart! :-)

    > LOL!!! You finally changed your moniker, eh? I can't believe you
    > listened to a crazy Texan who goes by the name of Dallas. :-)

    Hee hee! The "call sign" has indeed grown on me (thanks Dallas!), and
    after "Sparrow", who's opinion on everything aeronautical I respect
    without reservation, expressed a liking for the "call sign", I've
    decided to accept my fate and be forevermore known to the simulated
    flight community as "Lawn Dart". :-)

    Perhaps if I ever do acquire my own "real world" flying contraption
    (be it a "real" plane or "ultralight"), I may indeed have to have my
    "Lawn Dart" call sign affixed to it. Sort of like the long since
    grounded "Kiwi Airlines" (a name I thought was absolutely wonderful
    for an airline, considering at least one of its possible meanings!).
    ;-)

    >> I have an old 386 notebook computer from 1994 (it was called a
    >> "laptop" back then)...

    > I have a year old notebook and still call it a laptop.
    > Why did they change that anyway?

    And who are "they" anyway, to go about willy nilly changing names of
    this or that?! :-) Of course, come to think of it, I rarely ever
    actually put the little computer on my lap, as it just wasn't the
    most comfortable position from which to type. :-)

    > You could just have a look in the BIOS and study the various
    > options. There's always the possibility of exiting it without
    > saving any changes you might have accidentally made.

    I have thought about that, and may indeed do it someday, but the BIOS
    is something so scary to me that if I really have no great need to go
    into it, I'll simply avoid dealing with it at all...just to be "extra
    safe". :-)

    > I once downloaded a program, can't remember which one that was but
    > it was a long time ago, and during the install I got a message box
    > on the screen instructing me to adjust some of the BIOS settings
    > according to the 'read me' file. Yeah right! And now you're gone,
    > program!

    This seems a reasonable enough approach to me! :-) After all, what it
    adjustments to the BIOS have the desired effect on the program in
    question, but affects other things in a not so desired way? Knowing
    as little as I do about the BIOS, unless the program very explicitly
    explained any and all possible "side effects" of such an adjustment,
    I would be wary of just going ahead with such a thing just to satisfy
    one program.

    - --
    Melissa

    PGP Public Keys: http://www.willkayakforfood.tk

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

    iQCVAwUBQi4LPzEYqNTZBqoEAQPRMgP/VSVUb9sftIslpkPuErgOMoooKgWIDNdk
    qB12r9q8ubYqbal4v2+3ZJ4y0v6fJG4V8HbvLCtNkuQHTnjHK1RCm6gahv9KXTs5
    99pB6zch7wYubXybdfn0Ja2u2q+5+WgBLSv3+NQcvtcyvu9bdX4rnO3a9W6ot6RD
    7ItvNTf49Hs=
    =+aB4
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Marcel Kuijper wrote:

    > You finally changed your moniker, eh? I can't believe you listened to
    > a crazy Texan who goes by the name of Dallas. :-)
    >

    I think we need a write in campaign to change Dallas to something like
    "Texas Flytrap", or something else aprapos!!

    CRaSH

    BTW - where is the varmit? On vacation on some exotic island again??
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi Lawn Dart,
    So I guess it's safe to say you'll never flash your Bios to the latest
    version. hehe
    Tom
    heh couldn't resist... :o)

    Lawn Dart wrote:
    > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    > Hash: RIPEMD160
    >
    > Hi Marcel,
    >
    > On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 20:41:50 +0100, you wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Hiya Melissa...err Lawn Dart! :-)
    >
    >
    >
    >>LOL!!! You finally changed your moniker, eh? I can't believe you
    >>listened to a crazy Texan who goes by the name of Dallas. :-)
    >
    >
    > Hee hee! The "call sign" has indeed grown on me (thanks Dallas!), and
    > after "Sparrow", who's opinion on everything aeronautical I respect
    > without reservation, expressed a liking for the "call sign", I've
    > decided to accept my fate and be forevermore known to the simulated
    > flight community as "Lawn Dart". :-)
    >
    > Perhaps if I ever do acquire my own "real world" flying contraption
    > (be it a "real" plane or "ultralight"), I may indeed have to have my
    > "Lawn Dart" call sign affixed to it. Sort of like the long since
    > grounded "Kiwi Airlines" (a name I thought was absolutely wonderful
    > for an airline, considering at least one of its possible meanings!).
    > ;-)
    >
    >
    >>>I have an old 386 notebook computer from 1994 (it was called a
    >>>"laptop" back then)...
    >
    >
    >>I have a year old notebook and still call it a laptop.
    >>Why did they change that anyway?
    >
    >
    > And who are "they" anyway, to go about willy nilly changing names of
    > this or that?! :-) Of course, come to think of it, I rarely ever
    > actually put the little computer on my lap, as it just wasn't the
    > most comfortable position from which to type. :-)
    >
    >
    >>You could just have a look in the BIOS and study the various
    >>options. There's always the possibility of exiting it without
    >>saving any changes you might have accidentally made.
    >
    >
    > I have thought about that, and may indeed do it someday, but the BIOS
    > is something so scary to me that if I really have no great need to go
    > into it, I'll simply avoid dealing with it at all...just to be "extra
    > safe". :-)
    >
    >
    >>I once downloaded a program, can't remember which one that was but
    >>it was a long time ago, and during the install I got a message box
    >>on the screen instructing me to adjust some of the BIOS settings
    >>according to the 'read me' file. Yeah right! And now you're gone,
    >>program!
    >
    >
    > This seems a reasonable enough approach to me! :-) After all, what it
    > adjustments to the BIOS have the desired effect on the program in
    > question, but affects other things in a not so desired way? Knowing
    > as little as I do about the BIOS, unless the program very explicitly
    > explained any and all possible "side effects" of such an adjustment,
    > I would be wary of just going ahead with such a thing just to satisfy
    > one program.
    >
    > - --
    > Melissa
    >
    > PGP Public Keys: http://www.willkayakforfood.tk
    >
    > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    >
    > iQCVAwUBQi4LPzEYqNTZBqoEAQPRMgP/VSVUb9sftIslpkPuErgOMoooKgWIDNdk
    > qB12r9q8ubYqbal4v2+3ZJ4y0v6fJG4V8HbvLCtNkuQHTnjHK1RCm6gahv9KXTs5
    > 99pB6zch7wYubXybdfn0Ja2u2q+5+WgBLSv3+NQcvtcyvu9bdX4rnO3a9W6ot6RD
    > 7ItvNTf49Hs=
    > =+aB4
    > -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

    --


    Life is a toilet bowl...
    With regular flushing it stays clean....
    Linux user #251744...
    http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=user/register&r=26885
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 14:14:11 GMT, James Hodson wrote:

    > Melissa admitted that she didn't know a great deal about video cards
    > and the like.
    >
    > She said nothing about not being an evil software fiend. :-0

    He shoots....he scores!
    :-)

    I believe everyone has hidden talents...and I think she has several.

    --

    Marcel
    (Any landing you walk away from, wasn't done by Melissa! <g>)
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "CRaSH" wrote:

    > I think we need a write in campaign to change Dallas to something like
    > "Texas Flytrap", or something else aprapos!!

    I'm all for it....


    > CRaSH
    >
    > BTW - where is the varmit? On vacation on some exotic island again??

    I was just thinking about that last night.
    You'd think the r&r he got on Bora Bora would be enough to last him and
    the lil missus a lifetime
    I guess some people aren't satisfied as quickly as others. ;-)


    Marcel
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 12:30:28 -0800, Lawn Dart wrote:
    > This seems a reasonable enough approach to me! :-) After all, what it
    > adjustments to the BIOS have the desired effect on the program in
    > question, but affects other things in a not so desired way?

    That's why in every BIOS I've ever looked at, there's a "Reset Default"
    option... just in case the operator really screws things up... ;)

    Bill
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi Crash,

    "BTW - where is the varmit? On vacation on some exotic island again??"

    ROTFL!!!! :-)))

    Fair dinkum, mate, you totally crack me up, in the nicest possible way,
    of course!!

    I don't suppose "the varmit" would mind it being known that he's
    attending a Wedding, and then a spot of skiing....

    I totally agree, it sounds like a tough job to me, too, but I suppose
    someone has to make the sacrifice and do it!?!?

    Geeze, I'm still laughing from your post - you're a Classic, mate!!

    Regards,
    John Ward
    "CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
    news:9UoXd.28645$Im.17747@okepread01...
    > Marcel Kuijper wrote:
    >
    > > You finally changed your moniker, eh? I can't believe you listened to
    > > a crazy Texan who goes by the name of Dallas. :-)
    > >
    >
    > I think we need a write in campaign to change Dallas to something like
    > "Texas Flytrap", or something else aprapos!!
    >
    > CRaSH
    >
    > BTW - where is the varmit? On vacation on some exotic island again??
    >
    >
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Pearler, mate!! :-))

    John
    "Tom56" <buzz56@removethis.rogers.com> wrote in message
    news:nI6dnV3ds-kfo7PfRVn-uA@rogers.com...
    > Hi Lawn Dart,
    > So I guess it's safe to say you'll never flash your Bios to the latest
    > version. hehe
    > Tom
    > heh couldn't resist... :o)
    >
    > Lawn Dart wrote:
    > > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    > > Hash: RIPEMD160
    > >
    > > Hi Marcel,
    > >
    > > On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 20:41:50 +0100, you wrote:
    > >
    > >
    > >>Hiya Melissa...err Lawn Dart! :-)
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >>LOL!!! You finally changed your moniker, eh? I can't believe you
    > >>listened to a crazy Texan who goes by the name of Dallas. :-)
    > >
    > >
    > > Hee hee! The "call sign" has indeed grown on me (thanks Dallas!), and
    > > after "Sparrow", who's opinion on everything aeronautical I respect
    > > without reservation, expressed a liking for the "call sign", I've
    > > decided to accept my fate and be forevermore known to the simulated
    > > flight community as "Lawn Dart". :-)
    > >
    > > Perhaps if I ever do acquire my own "real world" flying contraption
    > > (be it a "real" plane or "ultralight"), I may indeed have to have my
    > > "Lawn Dart" call sign affixed to it. Sort of like the long since
    > > grounded "Kiwi Airlines" (a name I thought was absolutely wonderful
    > > for an airline, considering at least one of its possible meanings!).
    > > ;-)
    > >
    > >
    > >>>I have an old 386 notebook computer from 1994 (it was called a
    > >>>"laptop" back then)...
    > >
    > >
    > >>I have a year old notebook and still call it a laptop.
    > >>Why did they change that anyway?
    > >
    > >
    > > And who are "they" anyway, to go about willy nilly changing names of
    > > this or that?! :-) Of course, come to think of it, I rarely ever
    > > actually put the little computer on my lap, as it just wasn't the
    > > most comfortable position from which to type. :-)
    > >
    > >
    > >>You could just have a look in the BIOS and study the various
    > >>options. There's always the possibility of exiting it without
    > >>saving any changes you might have accidentally made.
    > >
    > >
    > > I have thought about that, and may indeed do it someday, but the BIOS
    > > is something so scary to me that if I really have no great need to go
    > > into it, I'll simply avoid dealing with it at all...just to be "extra
    > > safe". :-)
    > >
    > >
    > >>I once downloaded a program, can't remember which one that was but
    > >>it was a long time ago, and during the install I got a message box
    > >>on the screen instructing me to adjust some of the BIOS settings
    > >>according to the 'read me' file. Yeah right! And now you're gone,
    > >>program!
    > >
    > >
    > > This seems a reasonable enough approach to me! :-) After all, what it
    > > adjustments to the BIOS have the desired effect on the program in
    > > question, but affects other things in a not so desired way? Knowing
    > > as little as I do about the BIOS, unless the program very explicitly
    > > explained any and all possible "side effects" of such an adjustment,
    > > I would be wary of just going ahead with such a thing just to satisfy
    > > one program.
    > >
    > > - --
    > > Melissa
    > >
    > > PGP Public Keys: http://www.willkayakforfood.tk
    > >
    > > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    > >
    > > iQCVAwUBQi4LPzEYqNTZBqoEAQPRMgP/VSVUb9sftIslpkPuErgOMoooKgWIDNdk
    > > qB12r9q8ubYqbal4v2+3ZJ4y0v6fJG4V8HbvLCtNkuQHTnjHK1RCm6gahv9KXTs5
    > > 99pB6zch7wYubXybdfn0Ja2u2q+5+WgBLSv3+NQcvtcyvu9bdX4rnO3a9W6ot6RD
    > > 7ItvNTf49Hs=
    > > =+aB4
    > > -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
    >
    > --
    >
    >
    > Life is a toilet bowl...
    > With regular flushing it stays clean....
    > Linux user #251744...
    > http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=user/register&r=26885
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi Marcel,

    "I can't believe you listened to a crazy Texan who goes by the name of
    Dallas. :-)"

    Why on earth not, mate - after all, nearly as many people listen to him
    as they do to you??

    Regards,
    John Ward
    "Marcel Kuijper" <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:168ffowe4jysj.rxjl976yzb52.dlg@40tude.net...
    > On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:08:07 -0800, Lawn Dart wrote:
    >
    > Hiya Melissa...err Lawn Dart! :-)
    >
    > LOL!!!
    > You finally changed your moniker, eh? I can't believe you listened to a
    > crazy Texan who goes by the name of Dallas. :-)
    >
    >
    > > I have an old 386 notebook computer from 1994 (it was called a
    > > "laptop" back then) with DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.1 on it, but that
    > > machine has never been connected to the Internet, as I just used it
    > > for writing and playing chess. And though I've had an "Internet"
    > > computer for just over five years now, and I'm pretty comfortable
    > > mucking about with software, including the OS itself, I'm still very
    > > afraid of messing with the BIOS. Even when someone mentioned a BIOS
    > > tweak that might help improve fs9 performance, I decided to leave the
    > > BIOS alone. :-)
    >
    > I have a year old notebook and still call it a laptop.
    > Why did they change that anyway?
    >
    > Anyway....it's the only computer I have in the house of which I've never
    > accessed the BIOS. And that's only because it's a completely different
    > piece of technology than the regular computers I've built.
    > Adding hardware is out of the question for me.
    > You could just have a look in the BIOS and study the various options.
    > There's always the possibility of exiting it without saving any changes
    you
    > might have accidentally made.
    >
    >
    > > I have, only once as I recall, gone into the BIOS to adjust one thing,
    > > but that was only with *very* explicit instructions in hand.
    > > Otherwise, I've left it alone.
    >
    > That's always the best way to do it....using printed instructions.
    > I once downloaded a program, can't remember which one that was but it was
    a
    > long time ago, and during the install I got a message box on the screen
    > instructing me to adjust some of the BIOS settings according to the 'read
    > me' file. Yeah right! And now you're gone, program!
    >
    > --
    >
    > Marcel
    > (Q: What do you do when Stormtroopers look for you?
    > A: Lock the doors. And hope they don't have blasters!)
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 16:46:36 +1000, John Ward wrote:

    > Hi Marcel,
    >
    > "I can't believe you listened to a crazy Texan who goes by the name of
    > Dallas. :-)"
    >
    > Why on earth not, mate - after all, nearly as many people listen to him
    > as they do to you??

    Yeah...but everybody knows you can't take a crazy Dutchman seriously. ;-)

    --

    Marcel
    (Q: What do you do when Stormtroopers look for you?
    A: Lock the doors. And hope they don't have blasters!)
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Marcel Kuijper wrote:

    > On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 16:46:36 +1000, John Ward wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Hi Marcel,
    >>
    >> "I can't believe you listened to a crazy Texan who goes by the name of
    >>Dallas. :-)"
    >>
    >> Why on earth not, mate - after all, nearly as many people listen to him
    >>as they do to you??
    >
    >
    > Yeah...but everybody knows you can't take a crazy Dutchman seriously. ;-)
    >


    Dalli just returned from this years Rattlesnake Roundup. Many people
    head out into the desert and in among the cedar to flush these guy out
    of their hiding places.

    It also reminded me to get the shotgun out and go hunting on our
    property. I've killed two 5 - 6 foot Rattlers both while walking a dog
    in the middle of the night and some workmen killed one small guy. It
    costs over $1000.00 here to treat dogs bitten by these guys and there's
    no guarantee to dog will live. In fact the odds are against survival.
    Treatment for me if I'm bitten is free so Id rather get it instead of
    one of the dogs.


    http://xs19.xs.to/pics/05105/snake01.jpg


    --

    boB

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
    Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
    news:6%6Yd.65375$Qz1.57658@fe2.texas.rr.com...
    > It also reminded me to get the shotgun out and go hunting on our
    > property. I've killed two 5 - 6 foot Rattlers both while walking a dog
    > in the middle of the night

    I'll be going to the "grandaddy" Sweetwater roundup this weekend to see what
    all the fuss is about.

    I catch rattlers live and relocate them vs. killing them (in general; recent
    studies show at least adult rattlesnakes do not adapt well after relocation
    away from their "home turf," so I might just start eating them). The dog of
    our house's previous owner died from snakebite, and a neighbor's dog got
    bitten on the head, which "swole up like a basketball." All I've seen here
    so far is a decent-size bullsnake.
    --
    Chris
    http://www.mcmartinville.com
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Chris McMartin wrote:

    The dog of
    > our house's previous owner died from snakebite, and a neighbor's dog got
    > bitten on the head, which "swole up like a basketball." All I've seen here
    > so far is a decent-size bullsnake.

    Before I learned the difference I killed a rat snake out in the front
    yard. The coloring looked more like a moccasin. But since then I take
    the harmless snakes back behind us into the thick woods. I only move
    them because we have a couple dogs that would kill them.

    --

    boB

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
    Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Lawn Dart wrote:


    > Hi boB,
    > Eek! I'm sure glad I live in a place with no poisonous creepy
    > crawlers! (too cold and wet here?). Snakes and spiders are just fine
    > with me if they keep their distance, but if one gets too near my
    > skin, I'm not especially happy about that; though I'd rather move out
    > of their way than kill them.
    >
    > I have encountered some rattlesnakes in eastern WA and in the deserts
    > of the southwest, but happily, if they weren't just sleeping in the
    > sun, they seemed at least as interested in getting out of my way as I
    > was in getting out of theirs! :-)
    >

    The Rattlesnake will also run if given the chance. But the danger to
    our dogs is too great to leave them alone. It's funny, before the first
    encounter I had walked all over the property walking dogs day and night.
    I was walking with an Akita girl we had just taken in and we hadn't had
    time to fully evaluate. I had a mini-mag light with run-down batteries
    but I didn't think I would need a bright light. The Akita was walking
    along the fence but a person can't walk there easily so I was walking a
    path through brush when I heard a loud noise like a rabbit would make in
    the leaves. But as I got closer where my dim flashlight actually lit up
    the area I saw the big guy there all coiled and ready. He didn't rattle
    until the Akita walked right by me going directly toward the snake.
    Evaluated or not I quickly grabbed a handful of skin on her right side
    and pulled her back and away. Luckily she didn't snap or even get
    annoyed. She acted like she had done something wrong and I was punishing
    her. The next night I took the shotgun down and found him in the same
    spot but not coiled. Poor guy never had the chance.

    The second time I had no flashlight at all and I was calling our cat. I
    meow very loud and she answers me, usually off into the woods. I was
    walking toward her as she climbed the chain link and dropped down to the
    ground. Right then the big one coiled up and the rattles were going
    off. The cat was on the other side of this snake but I couldn't do
    anything but hope the cat would not be curious. I went back for a
    flashlight (a bright one) and the shotgun. When I got back the snake
    was still coiled and the cat was somewhere else.


    > My mother grew up in Thailand, where there are several small and large
    > creepy critters (she doesn't ride a bicycle because of a crocodile
    > encounter, but that's another story), and once my grandfather shot a
    > coral snake on her bed while she was still in it! (it had slithered
    > up a tree and into her window).
    >
    > - --
    > Melissa
    >

    Mon o Man o Man. I would be scared to death around there. I talked about
    the elephant we scared in South Africa hut there were other tense
    moments. Like driving at night and seeing a "Hippo crossing road" sign.
    We thought it would make a good picture so we got out and like idiots,
    went to the sign and I took some pictures of Gabriella beside the sign.
    Then we heard some rustling in the weeds off to the side of the road. We
    don't know what the heck that was but we jumped back in the care pretty
    quick.


    --

    boB

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
    Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Lawn Dart wrote:


    >
    > My mother grew up in Thailand, where there are several small and large
    > creepy critters (she doesn't ride a bicycle because of a crocodile
    > encounter, but that's another story), and once my grandfather shot a
    > coral snake on her bed while she was still in it! (it had slithered
    > up a tree and into her window).
    >
    > - --
    > Melissa

    I just wrote a long message which talked about finding the snakes but it
    went bye bye somehow. So this is a short version. :)

    I would be scared to death if I knew there were crocs around. I like it
    right here in Texas. :)


    --

    boB

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
    Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message
    news:1sloekobdhby5.dlg@uni-berlin.de...
    > Eek! I'm sure glad I live in a place with no poisonous creepy
    > crawlers!

    To be anal-retentive, NO snake is poisonous. You can eat ALL of them! Some
    MUSHROOMS are poisonous (will harm you if ingested), but as far as snakes
    go, they have to actually inject the venom into your tissues. :)
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    boB wrote:
    > I would be scared to death if I knew there were crocs around. I like
    > it right here in Texas.

    Yeah, you got enough to worry about with the armadillos...... d:->))
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "boB"
    > Dalli just returned from this years Rattlesnake Roundup.

    Well, not really... :-)

    But I was in the desert... Santa Fe, NM. Funny story, Santa Fe is a real
    artsy fartsy, midlife hippie, Southwestern Cuisine, earth shoe wearin' kinda
    place. (Lawn Dart would be right at home :-) The restaurants compete with
    each other for weird menus.

    This was the most normal entrée on the menu on our last night:

    Kale and eggplant, goat cheese, blue corn enchiladas in tomatillo sauce.


    It wasn't the worst thing I've ever eaten.

    Dallas
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: RIPEMD160

    Hi Dallas,

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 17:52:32 GMT, you wrote:

    > But I was in the desert... Santa Fe, NM. Funny story, Santa Fe is
    > a real artsy fartsy, midlife hippie, Southwestern Cuisine, earth
    > shoe wearin' kinda place. (Lawn Dart would be right at home :-)

    Hee hee! :-) I actually do like Santa Fe, and also Taos, but I only
    go inland for very short visits, as it's just too weird for me to not
    be right by the sea (close enough to see/be in the surf).

    To be sure, here are some very lovely places inland, but after about
    two weeks, I begin to feel a very peculiar sort of claustrophobia,
    even if there's "wide open sky" in every direction. I just need to
    be at the very edge of a continent, with the wide open sea in my face
    to feel like I can breathe comfortably. :-)

    - --
    Melissa

    PGP Public Keys: http://www.willkayakforfood.tk

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

    iQCVAwUBQjMuuTEYqNTZBqoEAQMkDwP/d2Xf19lqlywlKY71uaMFvEuxTjLJG2NJ
    ZAxjc7ffxJMQc7ODtLXpzVeza1pMADPOvC+NGBVURTN9UubpKgPLGQgwXT53P7Th
    0Cp6tR2vZY6O8esuD+kVdELT53HvUnzFLHNzPPbOtKK8YphKf/qTOQqH2DXOqBq7
    iuzmJQvmnWU=
    =NfRE
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Dallas wrote:

    > "boB"
    >
    >>Dalli just returned from this years Rattlesnake Roundup.
    >
    >
    > Well, not really... :-)
    >
    > But I was in the desert... Santa Fe, NM. Funny story, Santa Fe is a real
    > artsy fartsy, midlife hippie, Southwestern Cuisine, earth shoe wearin' kinda
    > place. (Lawn Dart would be right at home :-) The restaurants compete with
    > each other for weird menus.

    With one of my wives I owned 30 Acres just north of Las Vegas NM, just
    off the lake. Lost that too. :)


    ==============================================================================
    Off topic: Just for those interested in pets

    Talking about rattlesnakes, Gabriella found the page I started (and
    never finished) showing the Akita That I grabbed her by the skin pulling
    her away from the snake. You can see her head is bigger than mine. I was
    lucky she was a sweetheart and didn't snap.

    She went to a home where the lady was terminal ill and confined to the
    bed. In the pictures of Keesha here when we visited the lady got worried
    that we were going to take Keesha back. Keesha stayed right beside her
    until she passed away.

    http://tinyurl.com/476mk

    And last week we received an email about an Akita in a Kentucky shelter
    needing a home and was running out of time. Last night the volunteer
    searching like crazy for somewhere Sadie could go gave up and Sadie was
    going to be PTS. We told her we would take Sadie in and they are trying
    to get a travel package together. I have sent a white Akita to Alabama
    like this where people along the route drive the dog to the next person
    so each leg is about 100 miles. As soon as they get the people together
    to move the dog here we'll get her. The longest distance we took a dog
    in was a blind Akita in a Maryland shelter. 2000 miles away. As soon as
    we told them we would take her is the shelter volunteer put KellySue on
    a plane and flew with her to Austin where we took her. It took 1 1/2
    years to find her a home but she's in a wonderful family in Waxahatchie
    Texas. (Dalli can correct the spelling, it's near Dallas)

    Sadie, the Akita we have coming here:
    She doesn't look very healthy and is Heartworm Positive but she will
    look much better when she is here a while.

    http://xs19.xs.to/pics/05102/sadie02.jpg


    KellySue, blind Akita from Maryland. There are a couple dogs on the
    page showing the blind dog hoop but you will know they aren't Akitas

    http://tinyurl.com/43nvu


    --

    boB

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
    Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: RIPEMD160

    Hi boB,

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 23:14:58 GMT, you wrote:

    > Off topic: Just for those interested in pets

    I truly admire your "mission" to save and find homes for these
    beautiful animals! :-)

    Several months ago, I found, at the end of my long driveway, three
    orphaned, starving kittens. They were very young (no more than a
    couple of weeks old), and just across the street I could see that
    their mother had been hit by a car and killed (must have been at
    least several days by then judging from the condition of her body).

    I buried the mother, and took the kittens in and kept them here until
    I could find good homes for them. My cat (actually, I'm his human),
    who is a very territorial male cat (a born and bred NYC street cat in
    fact!) tended to them like I couldn't believe! He's all for chasing
    off the various adult cats who dare trespass in his domain, but with
    these three kittens, he was completely attentive at all times,
    gentle, and gently disciplinary with them when he felt they were
    getting a bit rough with each other, or when one tried to hog the
    food at another's expense. It was so wonderful to see how he
    instantly became such a good and caring surrogate father to them
    during their month long stay here. My cat and I were both very sad to
    see them finally go, but even though I really wanted to keep all of
    them, I just couldn't.

    I was lucky to find someone who was willing to take all three, so they
    didn't have to be separated. Their new home isn't far from here, so
    I've visited them a few times since they left here, and they're doing
    very well. They love it when I come to visit! :-)

    It's been several months now, and still my cat will now and again
    investigate the "secret spots" where the kittens liked to hide. He's
    still thinking about them; and so am I.

    - --
    Melissa

    PGP Public Keys: http://www.willkayakforfood.tk

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

    iQCVAwUBQjONlzEYqNTZBqoEAQNcgAP+IzvZBrNRh0aszzx6FwhTHhkgJBv0/a1P
    XanfePe03UtZwLpmFnmtf15WfZ2mcNbi7IioJHKHJFXHzjvIK9oIWFCHVNu47vuW
    xTtMr2ITNKzTSJnEE4Irye9LMr3pmTqEzb80zyYoFGdtYbl7rnbfIDUmP5UWWhjC
    LijJDNAWXlk=
    =YGP8
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Lawn Dart wrote:


    > It's been several months now, and still my cat will now and again
    > investigate the "secret spots" where the kittens liked to hide. He's
    > still thinking about them; and so am I.
    >
    > - --
    > Melissa

    Ain't animals great. I like our pack better than some humans I know. I'm
    glad you found the kittens before something bad happened.

    --

    boB

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
    Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Lawn Dart wrote:

    >
    > I have encountered some rattlesnakes in eastern WA and in the deserts
    > of the southwest, but happily, if they weren't just sleeping in the
    > sun, they seemed at least as interested in getting out of my way as I
    > was in getting out of theirs! :-)
    >
    > My mother grew up in Thailand, where there are several small and large
    > creepy critters (she doesn't ride a bicycle because of a crocodile
    > encounter, but that's another story), and once my grandfather shot a
    > coral snake on her bed while she was still in it! (it had slithered
    > up a tree and into her window).
    >

    AAKKK Rattlesnakes will run (well, crawl) away if given the chance but
    the dogs won't let them. So I'm sure the dogs would be bitten. There
    are several garden type snakes here and after I looked them up to make
    sure they were non-poisonous I took them into the woods out behind us
    and let them loose. Even the Dam frogs. They hibernate under rocks and
    when warm weather sets in they all want to jump in the pool. I take them
    back to the woods also. Gabriella won't touch them at all. :)

    --

    boB

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
    Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "boB"
    > I hate killing anything but it's too dangerous for the dogs to let
    > Rattlers run loose.

    Perhaps you should invest in a mongoose:

    http://www.nature.ca/notebooks/english/mongoose.htm


    Dallas
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Games