Copying files with full path name

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 18, 2004 1:33:48 AM

Hello,

I need to copy some files from NT to XP across the LAN. I
need the files to have the same path on the destination
computer as they had on the originating computer.

example (c:\data\test\jan\sample.doc) will have the same
path after being copied to the destination computer.

Any ideas or utilities I could try.

Thanks in advance.

John
Anonymous
August 18, 2004 3:58:09 PM

John Zahnen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need to copy some files from NT to XP across the LAN. I
> need the files to have the same path on the destination
> computer as they had on the originating computer.
>
> example (c:\data\test\jan\sample.doc) will have the same
> path after being copied to the destination computer.
>
> Any ideas or utilities I could try.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> John

xcopy or robocopy can copy directory structures.

hth
--
Ricardo M. Urbano
Microsoft Windows 2000/NT MVP