Copying files with full path name

Hello,

I need to copy some files from NT to XP across the LAN. I
need the files to have the same path on the destination
computer as they had on the originating computer.

example (c:\data\test\jan\sample.doc) will have the same
path after being copied to the destination computer.

Any ideas or utilities I could try.

Thanks in advance.

John
1 answer Last reply
More about copying files full path name

    John Zahnen wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I need to copy some files from NT to XP across the LAN. I
    > need the files to have the same path on the destination
    > computer as they had on the originating computer.
    >
    > example (c:\data\test\jan\sample.doc) will have the same
    > path after being copied to the destination computer.
    >
    > Any ideas or utilities I could try.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > John

    xcopy or robocopy can copy directory structures.

    hth
    --
    Ricardo M. Urbano
    Microsoft Windows 2000/NT MVP