Unable to drop Domain Admin

I have been trying to take a user out of the Domain Admin group and get the
error:

"The user must be a member of the primary group"

I want him in Domain Users, but not Domain Admin.

How do I get him out?

Thanks,

Tom

Thomas Scheiderich wrote:

> I have been trying to take a user out of the Domain Admin group and get the
> error:
>
> "The user must be a member of the primary group"
>
> I want him in Domain Users, but not Domain Admin.
>
> How do I get him out?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

I've had that problem before. I think the problem was related to an
incorrect WINS entry for the domain name.

hth
--
Ricardo M. Urbano
Microsoft Windows 2000/NT MVP

Open the properties of that particular users and click on
groups next add the domain users group and set it to
primary. Now remove him from the domain admins
group.

"Thomas Scheiderich" <tfs@deltanet.com> wrote in message news:
> I have been trying to take a user out of the Domain Admin group and
get the
> error:
>
> "The user must be a member of the primary group"
>
> I want him in Domain Users, but not Domain Admin.
>
> How do I get him out?

To expand a bit on my previous reply.. The
domain admins group is the primary group
therefore you can't remove the user from
that group.