Disk space

Andrew

Hi Everyone,
I had a problem related to file copy to a floppy disk. My
OS is NT 4.0. Each time when I copy files to the floppy,
it only copy upto about 200 K then it said "the disk is
full please insert another disk", even though there is
still 1.2 Mb space available in the disk. I have another
computer running window 2000. I had similar problem in
copying file to the Zip disk. In that case it only copy
to about 20 Mb, then ask for a new disk and ignore the
free space of 80 Mb in the disk. I think the cause to the
problem is mostly the same. I would appreciate any
insight and suggestion to the problem.

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
> I had a problem related to file copy to a floppy disk. My
> OS is NT 4.0. Each time when I copy files to the floppy,
> it only copy upto about 200 K then it said "the disk is
> full please insert another disk", even though there is
> still 1.2 Mb space available in the disk. I have another
> computer running window 2000. I had similar problem in
> copying file to the Zip disk. In that case it only copy
> to about 20 Mb, then ask for a new disk and ignore the
> free space of 80 Mb in the disk. I think the cause to the
> problem is mostly the same. I would appreciate any
> insight and suggestion to the problem.
>
> Thanks
>
> Andrew

Andrew, how are you determining the size of the file being copied and
the amount of available disk space on the destination drive. May sound
like stupid questions, but I ask because there are several ways to do
each task.
--
Ricardo M. Urbano
Microsoft Windows 2000/NT MVP