quick launch

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Can anyone tell me how to get the quick launch on NT 4.0?
If you go to the taskbar and right click there is no way
to turn it on.

The way to get the QL bar in NT was to install Internet Explorer 4 and
checking the option for the "Active Desktop Update." This update is
strongly ill-advised on NT machines, though. It tends to make things quite
fragile. I suggest you consider moving to a more current operating system
if that's an option. It won't be too long from now that NT 4 is a decade
old, which is like 900 million dog years.

Ray at work

"dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me how to get the quick launch on NT 4.0?
> If you go to the taskbar and right click there is no way
> to turn it on.

lee

"dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<0bd601c48b83$0e059500$a301280a@phx.gbl>...
> Can anyone tell me how to get the quick launch on NT 4.0?
> If you go to the taskbar and right click there is no way
> to turn it on.

First download this
http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/{D1A1E38D-EEA2-4e9b-B33F-7204E7C0E674}/ie6sp1/x86/en/IE4SHLNT.CAB

Or verify that you have a file by that name in your ie install folder.
Then just install ie over the top of itself and the second time around
the Windows Desktop Update will automatically install if the above
cab file is available in the install folder. This works on ie 5 and
ie 6 and you do NOT have to install ie 4 first. Windows Desktop
Update will also allow you to order your start menu with a left click
and drag amoung other enhancments, it is also known as the Shell
Enhancement, it "Adds true Web integration to your Windows
experience."

The same file above works for both ie 5 and ie 6.