Service Pack 6a

HELP!!!

I purchased a computer from an auction that is running
WIndows NT 4 on it....so far all has gone well, but
recently I purchased a program that successfully
installed 'most' all of the program, but then gave me a
dialogue box that says installation cannot continue
without the installation of Windows Installer Service Pack
6a....I currently have Service Pack 4 intalled....I went
to the MS Download site, but it was unclear to me where to
download from...another point is that currently I do NOT
have internet access with this WIndows NT computer. So my
question is 2 part: can I download the Service Pack 6a?
AND can I download it to disk(s) from the site, so that I
can use that disk(s) to install on the the Windows NT
computer? Thanks for any help out there!!!!!

You can navigate to;
http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/nts/downloads/recommended/SP6/128bitX86/default.asp
for high encryption or

http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/nts/downloads/recommended/SP6/x86DLType.asp
for standard encryption and choose Network Download.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Portia" wrote:
| HELP!!!
|
| I purchased a computer from an auction that is running
| WIndows NT 4 on it....so far all has gone well, but
| recently I purchased a program that successfully
| installed 'most' all of the program, but then gave me a
| dialogue box that says installation cannot continue
| without the installation of Windows Installer Service Pack
| 6a....I currently have Service Pack 4 intalled....I went
| to the MS Download site, but it was unclear to me where to
| download from...another point is that currently I do NOT
| have internet access with this WIndows NT computer. So my
| question is 2 part: can I download the Service Pack 6a?
| AND can I download it to disk(s) from the site, so that I
| can use that disk(s) to install on the the Windows NT
| computer? Thanks for any help out there!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS