Help? Problem with SETUPAPI.DLL file

I am trying to download Service Pack 6a to my computer and
I keep receiving the message that file SETUPAPI.DLL cannot
open and to check the file to find the error. How do I do
that and can I go somewhere and download it so that I can
download the Service pack 6a?

lee

"Portia" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<0db801c48baa$20dde250$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
> I am trying to download Service Pack 6a to my computer and
> I keep receiving the message that file SETUPAPI.DLL cannot
> open and to check the file to find the error. How do I do
> that and can I go somewhere and download it so that I can
> download the Service pack 6a?

http://dll.yaroslavl.ru/index.php3?lng=&in_char=S
has it, get the smaller 323k one as the large one is
for Win2000. Put it in your Winnt\System32 folder.

Can I suggest that instead of installing Service Pack 6
online that you download the stand alone Network version
so that you won't need an internet connection in the
future? Should you ever need to apply it again, you
would already have it is what I'm trying to say here.

TRENDING THREADS