POPUP on my NT SERVER 4.0

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I have an NT 4.0 server service pack 6 and my system be
running almost over 6 years with out any problems. Now I
getting POPUPS on my NT server without bringing up my
Internet Explore up.

HELP HELP...can someone tell me how to stop this popup?????

do a search on Spyware. Download Ad-Aware from
www.lavasoft.de

You need a properly configured firewall.

Messenger Service Window That Contains an Internet Advertisement Appears
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q330904

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Dave" wrote:
|I have an NT 4.0 server service pack 6 and my system be
| running almost over 6 years with out any problems. Now I
| getting POPUPS on my NT server without bringing up my
| Internet Explore up.
|
| HELP HELP...can someone tell me how to stop this popup?????

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

us;Q330904

>--
>Regards,

newsgroup.
>Microsoft Certified Professional
>Microsoft MVP [Windows]
>http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
>"Dave" wrote:
>|I have an NT 4.0 server service pack 6 and my system be
>| running almost over 6 years with out any problems. Now
>| getting POPUPS on my NT server without bringing up my
>| Internet Explore up.
>|
>| HELP HELP...can someone tell me how to stop this
popup?????

>.
>Yes it would be nice to purchase a firewall but this
school doesn't have the money for a firewall. I install
Ad-Ware and turn off my msg service and i'm still getting
the popups with out me bringup internet explorer.

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

"Dave" <danguay@ndhsb.org> wrote
> HELP HELP...can someone tell me how to stop this popup?????

Unless you need the messenger service on your server, turn it off. Then do
what the other postings advised, as my suggestion will only eliminate the
symptom and not the cause.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

messenger service and install AD-Ware and still getting
the popups? some how internet explorer open by itself
because the only time i use internet explorer is to run my
updates.

dave wrote:
> [...]

then somehow you have some spyware on your machine

try

it may be better for you

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP