save SAM from nonbooting NT 4 Server

I have an NT 4 server that had mirrored drives, it blue screened with stop
0x58 ftdisk_internal_error. I did get it to boot using a floppy with ntldr,
ntdetect.com, a modified boot.ini file and ntoskrnl.exe file and was able to
break the mirror but I could not get the system to boot without the floppy.
I pulled the drives from it and slaved them in another PC. The primary
drives shows everything in place, the system drive on the secondary drive
shows no data at all, just one line with squares, like it is unreadable.

I can reinstall the OS since the data is on a separate partition, but I
don't want to lose the security settings. What is the best way to proceed.
Can I reinstall on the secondary, since the system drive is toast anyway,
then make it the primary, then install the old primary as secondary and
mirror all the data back? Can you mirror data or only blank partitions? Any
suggestions?

TIA, Larry

If you can boot with a floppy then you should be able to edit the boot.ini
on the working part of the mirrored Hard drives so that the system will
boot from it. You will have to be sure the working drive has the same letter
(i.e. C: D: E:) as the orginal System.
What error are you getting when trying to boot the good drive?
Or how about you boot with the floppy then do a backup of the stuff you
want/need and then reinstall and restore from backup.
I assume this is software mirroring?