How much RAM can be managed by NT4

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

I'd like to put 4 Rows of 256 MB RAM (= 1 GB)into my
computer. How much RAM can be managed by Windows NT4? Is
there any limit?

Please respond by email...

Phil wrote:
> I'd like to put 4 Rows of 256 MB RAM (= 1 GB)into my
> computer. How much RAM can be managed by Windows NT4? Is
> there any limit?

If we were talking about huge amounts of RAM,
then the version of NT4 that you use would be
important. However, even the Workstation
version can use a modest amount like 1 GB.

> Please respond by email...

No. If you post questions here then you have to expect
the answers here.

NT4(sp6a) runs with 2GB at my old Server , 4gb should be no problem

---
Ausgehende Mail ist zertifiziert virenfrei.
Überprüft durch AVG Antivirus System (http://www.grisoft.com/de).
Version: 6.0.752 / Virendatenbank: 503 - Erstellungsdatum: 03.09.2004

Calvin

Hi Phil,

Have a look at knowledgebase article "99707 - How Windows NT Provides 4
Gigabytes of Memory" for a more thorough explanation of how NT4 manages memory.

1GB will not give you any trouble at all. Be warned that exceeding 1.79GB of RAM
during the NT4 install can cause trouble. See Knowledgebase article "177652 -
STOP 0x78 During Setup on a System With More Than 1.792GB of Memory"

Also be warned on rare occasions the situation described in Knowledgebase
article "172340 - STOP C00000221 Bad Image Checksum After Adding RAM" may occur.
The article describes the solution.

Hope this info helps.

Calvin.

TRENDING THREADS