• Fan Boy

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Troll

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters

russell

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
Well ................... actually it was all the flak after the "AMD POS CPU EXPLODES!!!" thread that was the inspiration for this poll. I consider myself a neutral in this area of AMD vs Intel and it was absolutely side splitting funny the immediate polarization that occurred.

I guess that plus this poll would make me a Troll [/stirring the schit]

mpjesse

Splendid
This kind of crap was a daily routine in 2000 and 2001. Back when AMD was whooping up on Intel for the first in terms of performance. These days, it's a fact that AMD can and will continue to compete on the same level as Intel. (Or surpass them).

There were soooooooooooo many intel fan boys back then that the poor AMD fan boys never had a chance; so they posted and yelled louder. The most common reply from an intel fan boy to and AMD fan boy post was this "Yeah but Intel is the most reliable and compatible. They won't crash." Which turned out to be complete and utter bullshit. It was a constant battle. It seems like the number of intel and AMD fan boys are about even.

Since I've been back, it looks it has mellowed out. Thank god.

Hmmm... I guess my post sounds a little Fanboyish. Sorry for that. I promise I'm not. I'm just being objective. :)

-mpjesse

dhlucke

Polypheme
Trolls are just having fun for the most part. They're not serious, just looking for a reaction.

Fan boys are one sided meglomaniacs. Look at Squirrel for example. I hear he killed his whole family. 8O

Action_Man

Splendid
Jan 7, 2004
Fanboys are way worse. Trolls usually get banned pretty quickly or piss off if they can't get anything out of people. Fanboys stay around and praise their thing non stop with dumbass reasons.

K8MAN

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2005
Well ................... actually it was all the flak after the "AMD POS CPU EXPLODES!!!" thread that was the inspiration for this poll. I consider myself a neutral in this area of AMD vs Intel and it was absolutely side splitting funny the immediate polarization that occurred.

I guess that plus this poll would make me a Troll [/stirring the schit]
So your saying the name "Amdmeltdown" bring the words troll and fanboy to mind. Guess that itself speaks loud enough to not have to include him in the pole :lol:

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
The thing with trollers is they get a reaction. People take it seriously and go mad.

While I think fanboys are worse, you have a point there mpjesse.

Fanboys stick around and eventually everyone knows about them, but they give bad advice to posters causing confusion and less than optimal decisions, costing them more money than they had to spend. Everyone else tries to correct the situation, but sometimes...

Trolls do cause severe outbreaks. :twisted:

Mike.[/quote]

CaptainNemo

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
Trolls are annoying, but they are usually a temporary phenomenon.

Fanboys are a persistent nuisance whose irrational loyality to one brand or another (regardless of the facts) makes discussing X v Y in any meaningful sense rather difficult.

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I've taken my time.

I've researched the topic.

And I've come to the conclusion...

...that they both suck.

I know it seems like a cop-out, but seriously, each sucks in their own special way. You can't really put one above the other. They're both occasionally funny (whether intentional or not) while being highly annoying the rest of the time.

Fastboatslowcomp

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2005
This kind of crap was a daily routine in 2000 and 2001. Back when AMD was whooping up on Intel for the first in terms of performance. These days, it's a fact that AMD can and will continue to compete on the same level as Intel.

AMD can't hope to compete on the same level as Intel, now that Intel is going into Macs. This is going to be the swift end of AMD. I'll admit, they gave Intel some motivation to keep improving but it's all over now. Apple is going to grow exponentially and Intel will just cash in on the upper class status associating with the world leader in computer design and usability.

This is my first attempt at being a Trollfan -boy! Get ready cause I want my own avatar. Only 90 odd posts to go.

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What does this poll achieve? Seems pretty pointless to me why anyone would even care and why you even care -- what is your real issue?

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
So what are you saying, Prince is on track -- maybe that is before your time.

Avatar & spam, same thing, both consume bandwidth that could be put to better use.

TRENDING THREADS