Printing from DOS on USB printer

Can anyone help and tell me if there is any way to print from a DOS program on a printer connected to an USB port under Windows 98?

Thanks!

Milan

In article <20041011100547.00002615@scxcrvcaninm.scx.intranet.epfl.ch>,
Milan Crvcanin <Milan.Crvcanin@epfl.ch> writes
>Can anyone help and tell me if there is any way to print from a DOS program on a
>printer connected to an USB port under Windows 98?

Depends on the DOS program. If it has a postscript driver, such as
WordStar, you can print to a PS file and then use Ghostscript to print
this.
--
Thoss

Try Printfile at

http://www.lerup.com/printfile/

Also, some discussion is at

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&th=376bc5ef2362b413&seekm=MPG.1ae1a8cfe6ddd068989981%40news.comcast.giganews.com&frame=of

--
Aloke
----

"Milan Crvcanin" <Milan.Crvcanin@epfl.ch> wrote in message
> Can anyone help and tell me if there is any way to print from a DOS
> program on a printer connected to an USB port under Windows 98?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Milan

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 12:59:15 +0100
thoss <thoss@thoss.plus.com> wrote:
> In article <20041011100547.00002615@scxcrvcaninm.scx.intranet.epfl.ch>,
> Milan Crvcanin <Milan.Crvcanin@epfl.ch> writes
> >Can anyone help and tell me if there is any way to print from a DOS program on a
> >printer connected to an USB port under Windows 98?
> >
> Depends on the DOS program. If it has a postscript driver, such as
> WordStar, you can print to a PS file and then use Ghostscript to print
> this.
> --
> Thoss

No, it is an old dBase program which writes on a standard DOS printer supposed to be on LPT1 or LPT2.
--
Milan

[This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]

In article <20041011100547.00002615@scxcrvcaninm.scx.intranet.epfl.ch>,
Milan.Crvcanin@epfl.ch says...
> Can anyone help and tell me if there is any way to print from a DOS program on a printer connected to an USB port under Windows 98?

Turn on 'File and Printer sharing'
Share the printer.
Connect to your own share: NET USE LPT1 \\computer\share

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross

Andrew Rossmann,

> Connect to your own share: NET USE LPT1 \\computer\share

Win 9x do not allows network connections to your own workstation.
You may want to have a look at Printfil (commercial)

Kind regards,
Davide Guolo
Printfil - Windows Printing System for Applications
http://www.guolo.com/printfil
Odbc4All - Connection to ODBC Data Sources for any Application
http://www.guolo.com/odbc4all