AI NOS (Non-delay O/C System) on the ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe

For the ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe and on the asus.com site it reads:

" AI NOS™
Boost performance when you need it the most!
Applications such as 3D games and video editing demand a huge chunk of system resource.
Inject "nitrous oxide" into your CPU! The patented AI NOS™(Non-delay Overclocking System) technology intelligently detects system load and automatically boosts performance for the most demanding tasks. Unlike other dynamic overclocking techniques, AI NOS™reacts much faster to satisfy your unending need for speeds."

How effective is this Non-delay Overclocking System and by how much does it boost performance?
8 answers Last reply
More about delay system asus deluxe
  1. ai nos is a dynamic overclocking device.
    You have to set level in the bios to make it work.

I have a asus p5gd1 with ai nos but i oveclock manualy by the fsb
    p4 530 3g to 3.3g (fsb220) no heat and stable.

ainos was delaying my mem to pc 2700 (i have pc3200)
    it is good for minimum overclocking and keeping the heat in control if you d'ont have a good airflow.
  2. ok thanks I can just about understand that! The fact that it was delaying your memory could be that it wasn't set up right (configured) in the first place?

Is it easy to set the level in the bios to make it work? I will also be using pc3200 memory, so how can you tell that it is delaying this to pc2700?
  3. It was set right... yes it is easy to set the parameters in the bios.

You can check the mem speed at startupscreen (unless you have a custom logo at boot up) in that case you can press escape to see the details.

Or you can do a speed test with everest home edition from lavalys.com
    (free)

It'a question of timing the mem to keep up with the ai nos overclock
    the timing of the mem go down....

actualy by manualy overclocking you boost the front side bus mem and cpu.

Now my mem reports as pc3500.

take for granted that manual overclocking (by pushing the fsb up in bios)always give better performance.

ai nos is for 'soft' overclock.
  4. how do you push fsb up in bios? is this an easy task to perform?
  5. yes when you go manual oc there is a specific setting in the bios allowing you to go 1 mhz at a time but you can begin at 215 fsb and go up 2mhz at a time and test stability.

Depending of wich cpu you will get you do not need to overclock more than 10%-15% to get really good performance.

try not to go too hot (to my knowlage near 50deg is good at full load for intel p4 5xx series)

If you heat up more it will reduce the life expectency of the cpu.
  6. I might soon be getting a dual core athlon 4200+ or 4400+ with a clock speed of 2.2ghz. I would be interested in pushing this up to 2.4ghz if it is easy to do.
  7. Well my friend nothing comes cheap..... I mean if the RAM is good then you will have a sable overclock by altering FSB through the bios, NOS is just for people who dont know what actual overclocking is ( according to me auto overclocks are just fancy ) the real deal, google 'fsb overclocking through the bios' and you will get wonderfull results or tutes on how to do it.
    RAM is the main criteria in overclocking Crucial or better still OCZ will get you more than 2.4 GHZ on your cpu's Dont worry..
  8. ok thanks for that. ram will be:

DDR400 Memory - PC3200

might actually just be going for single non-sli board now anyway:

ASUS A8N-VM - Nforce 410 PCI-Express Mainboard - Micro ATX

which doesn't have nos feature but is about £80 cheaper than the deluxe board which will enable me to get better components either memory, processor or graphics card. I'll google for specific instructions on how to o/c through the bios.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Performance Overclocking SLI Motherboards