CPU challenged screen cap'ers

As mentioned in `bad frame rate' thread.. have some Screen Caps
(cap'ers) of a beautiful Piedmont repaint by Kerry G. (Not the sax-
ophone player). Imagine what state-of -the-art hardware and
the latest version of MSFS can do!!

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/Piedmont_II.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/Piedmont_IIa.jpg

There are many tricks that the Sim enthusiast can play to enhance
performance. Example below has ALL the day-textures converted to
DXT1 (all-white alpha channel) and reduced to 512x512. The result..
each BMP is only 129k in size. :)

Here's another close-up view of the Piedmont.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/Piedmont_V.jpg

-Gregory
1 answer Last reply
More about challenged screen

    On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 11:30:31 -0500, Gregory Abbey
    <gabbey.maps@bkwds.dynanet.com> wrote:

    >As mentioned in `bad frame rate' thread.. have some Screen Caps
    >(cap'ers) of a beautiful Piedmont repaint by Kerry G. (Not the sax-
    >ophone player). Imagine what state-of -the-art hardware and
    >the latest version of MSFS can do!!
    >
    >http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/Piedmont_II.jpg
    >
    >http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/Piedmont_IIa.jpg
    >

    >There are many tricks that the Sim enthusiast can play to enhance
    >performance. Example below has ALL the day-textures converted to
    >DXT1 (all-white alpha channel) and reduced to 512x512. The result..
    >each BMP is only 129k in size. :)
    >
    >Here's another close-up view of the Piedmont.
    >
    >http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/Piedmont_V.jpg
    >

    > -Gregory

    Ahh Piedmont... don't we all long for the "good ole' days"...
    Chuck

CPUs Microsoft Video Games