Slipstreaming existing XP-SP1 disk?

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hey all,

I am trying to slipstream my XP install disk, which already came with SP1a on it. The problem I have is, when I get through all the command lines to do so, I get this prompt,

"This Service Pack cannot into a destination that also has integrated Software Updates.

Consult the Service Pack documentation for more details about supported integration scenarios."

I actually tried copying the extracted i386 files from the SP2 pack to the i386 folder in my copied XP-SP1a\i386 folder, which it did overwrite many files. But the end result was a total burn size (or updated Xp install disk folder) of over 750megs, which won't cut it on a CD-R of which has 700megs of RAW space.

Any advice?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Tom,

Go here for this wonderful free program, Autostreamer. Worked like a charm
for me:
http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?s=a1ac3d0e67f563d8a4d2eca8be83700b&showtopic=188337&st=0&#entry2453585

Nospam

"Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, that worked a treat!

"Nospam" <nospam@fu.com> wrote in message news:L2OSc.6675$Ow6.654128@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com...
> Tom,
>
> Go here for this wonderful free program, Autostreamer. Worked like a charm
> for me:
> http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?s=a1ac3d0e67f563d8a4d2eca8be83700b&showtopic=188337&st=0&#entry2453585
>
> Nospam
>

> "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message
> Hey all,
>
> I am trying to slipstream my XP install disk, which already came with SP1a
> on it. The problem I have is, when I get through all the command lines to do
> so, I get this prompt,
>
> "This Service Pack cannot into a destination that also has integrated
> Software Updates.
>
> Consult the Service Pack documentation for more details about supported
> integration scenarios."
>
> I actually tried copying the extracted i386 files from the SP2 pack to the
> i386 folder in my copied XP-SP1a\i386 folder, which it did overwrite many
> files. But the end result was a total burn size (or updated Xp install disk
> folder) of over 750megs, which won't cut it on a CD-R of which has 700megs
> of RAW space.
>
> Any advice?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I'll 2nd that one. It is an easy to use program, slipstreams easily!

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 17:47:23 GMT, "Nospam" <nospam@fu.com> wrote:

>Tom,
>
>Go here for this wonderful free program, Autostreamer. Worked like a charm
>for me:
>http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?s=a1ac3d0e67f563d8a4d2eca8be83700b&showtopic=188337&st=0&#entry2453585
>
>Nospam
>

>"Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message
>Hey all,
>
>I am trying to slipstream my XP install disk, which already came with SP1a
>on it. The problem I have is, when I get through all the command lines to do
>so, I get this prompt,
>
>"This Service Pack cannot into a destination that also has integrated
>Software Updates.
>
>Consult the Service Pack documentation for more details about supported
>integration scenarios."

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Actually, it worked, but not as a XP install disk. it made it boot into DR-DOS 7.0! What's up with that? Trying to use the regular command lines still makes the burn file too large for the disk space.