Two Canon series - what's the difference?

Now, i'm (probably) buying a new printer and i wonder - there is i560 and
IP3000 - what's the difference, i mean, which one is better? I know that
3000 has duplex, CDR printing etc, but for the same price than i560 without
all that...
So, which one to choose? It must be separate ink system, though,
occasionally some photos.

The ip3000 is a newer model and replaces the i560.
--
Ron Cohen

"SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message
> Now, i'm (probably) buying a new printer and i wonder - there is i560 and
> IP3000 - what's the difference, i mean, which one is better? I know that
> 3000 has duplex, CDR printing etc, but for the same price than i560
without
> all that...
> So, which one to choose? It must be separate ink system, though,
> occasionally some photos.

---
AVG reports Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

As far as I am aware both use the same printhead 'QY6-0042' so I
assume quality should be the same.

ah

Ron Cohen wrote:
> The ip3000 is a newer model and replaces the i560.
>
> "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message
>> Now, i'm (probably) buying a new printer and i wonder - there is
>> i560 and IP3000 - what's the difference, i mean, which one is
>> better? I know that 3000 has duplex, CDR printing etc, but for the
>> same price than i560 without all that...
>> So, which one to choose? It must be separate ink system, though,
>> occasionally some photos.
>>

> ---
> AVG reports Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

So, if i see right, it's more or less same specs, just new design and some
new features. Nice. instead dropping the price, they added some features.
Thanks.

bill

ah wrote:

>As far as I am aware both use the same printhead 'QY6-0042' so I
>assume quality should be the same.

While the two printers (i850 too I think) likely use the same printhead,
there is a slight difference in reported print speeds. The new iP3000 is
actually a bit slower than the older i560/i850 for text and graphics,
but a bit faster for photos.

Since the drivers and/or internal print engines may be different, it is
possible the iP3000 produces slightly better tonal range as Canon claims
due to refinements in the engine and drivers.

A coworker has expressed interest in this printer and will be picking
one up on the weekend. I'll install a set of genuine Canon ink tanks and
compare output with my i850, and see if there is a difference. I'll
report back here with the results.

SleeperMan wrote:
> Now, i'm (probably) buying a new printer and i wonder - there is i560
> and IP3000 - what's the difference, i mean, which one is better? I
> know that 3000 has duplex, CDR printing etc, but for the same price
> than i560 without all that...
> So, which one to choose? It must be separate ink system, though,
> occasionally some photos.

SO, definitely just new coating and some new features...

If you live in the UK You can get the new Printers from Cartridge World in
Oxford. The iP3000 and iP4000 are being sold at lower prices than the 'now
discontinued' i560 and i865.
Regards
Stick

Stick Stickus wrote:
> If you live in the UK You can get the new Printers from Cartridge
> World in Oxford. The iP3000 and iP4000 are being sold at lower
> prices than the 'now discontinued' i560 and i865.

These fellows at Canon really change their models quickly...
a year nad a half ago i bought i550, then it came i560, now even this one is
obsolete...
now, do they increase quality so fast, or they just repair mistakes with
changing models...this IS the question...
(Not that i'm not satisfied with my i550 - i AM, and that's why i'll buy
another Canon).

> Regards
> Stick
> "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message
>> Ron Cohen wrote:
>>> The ip3000 is a newer model and replaces the i560.
>>>
>>> "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> ---
>>> AVG reports Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
>>
>> So, if i see right, it's more or less same specs, just new design
>> and some new features. Nice. instead dropping the price, they added
>> some features. Thanks.

bill

SleeperMan wrote:

>Stick Stickus wrote:
>> If you live in the UK You can get the new Printers from Cartridge
>> World in Oxford. The iP3000 and iP4000 are being sold at lower
>> prices than the 'now discontinued' i560 and i865.

Here in Canada, the i560/860 is lower priced than the iP3000/4000
models. The prices dropped shortly after the introduction of the Pixma
line...perhaps they will drop over there too.

>These fellows at Canon really change their models quickly...
>a year nad a half ago i bought i550, then it came i560, now even this one is
>obsolete...

New models helps to drive sales, which is the main purpose of producing
printers. You'll probably note that many of the components of a series
are used in several models, and even newer models, in order to keep
costs down and to make it easier to develop models that look new, even
if the technology hasn't changed much.

>now, do they increase quality so fast, or they just repair mistakes with
>changing models...this IS the question...

I'm sure that sometimes it's corrective action, but usually just a
marketing method to spur new sales.

Bill wrote:
> SleeperMan wrote:
>
>> Stick Stickus wrote:
>>> If you live in the UK You can get the new Printers from Cartridge
>>> World in Oxford. The iP3000 and iP4000 are being sold at lower
>>> prices than the 'now discontinued' i560 and i865.
>
> Here in Canada, the i560/860 is lower priced than the iP3000/4000
> models. The prices dropped shortly after the introduction of the Pixma
> line...perhaps they will drop over there too.
>
>> These fellows at Canon really change their models quickly...
>> a year nad a half ago i bought i550, then it came i560, now even
>> this one is obsolete...
>
> New models helps to drive sales, which is the main purpose of
> producing printers. You'll probably note that many of the components
> of a series are used in several models, and even newer models, in
> order to keep costs down and to make it easier to develop models that
> look new, even if the technology hasn't changed much.
>
>> now, do they increase quality so fast, or they just repair mistakes
>> with changing models...this IS the question...
>
> I'm sure that sometimes it's corrective action, but usually just a
> marketing method to spur new sales.

I guess you're right...