Help...trying to find NTVDM.exe version 4.0.1381.7151

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Please Help,

Trying to find the file Ntvdm.exe version 4.0.1381.7151
dated 4/18/02 to fix a problem I am having as described
in Microsoft's resolution:
us;320694&Product=nts40
Unfortunately since NT is not supported anymore - can't
seem to get this file from Microsoft without paying for
it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Ken

Calvin

Hi Ken,

Just contact Microsoft in your country (by email is the quickest option). If you
ask ONLY for the hotfix, and give them the relevant KB article number, NO charge
will occur. Charging only occurs where you make support requests that cannot be
solved by an existing hotfix/SP etc...

Windows NT4 is not actually dead yet - Microsoft support ends 31 Dec 2004 as far
as security fixes for NT4 server is concerned. Non-Security fixes will no longer
be created however :-(

I, and several other people, have been working on 'self-help' options for the
continuing support of NT4 Workstation and Server. My effort can be found at
http://nt4ref.zcm.com.au

Calvin.

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Calvin,

Thanks for your response. I tried requesting Microsoft
online Support using my NT4.0 workstation product number
and I get an error that the product id is not supported
in the country that I've selected...and I am in the
United States.

Not sure what other way to contact them. Any ideas?

Thanks

Calvin

Hi Ken,

Just send a 'good old-fashioned' email to the support address advertised on the
support site. They usually answer within 24 hours.

Calvin.