Final Fantasy 7 PC Now Available for Download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luay

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
Still waiting for the FFIV & VI 3D remake. These two games are the only memorable ones that came out of Squaresoft.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]jamesedgeuk2000[/nom]Welcome everybody to 1998![/citation]

[citation][nom]jamesedgeuk2000[/nom]1998[/citation]
I have a facepalm the size of a Mako Crater right now...
God dammit, newfags..god damn you...>:\

pharoahhalfdead

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
Before I jump and buy it, I'll wait and read some reviews to see if it really has been updated. I'm worried about the cloud save that Square Enix is talking about, bcuz if that is the only way to save it, then I'm not buying it.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]Good, that means FreeSpace 2 releases next year![/citation]

Sadly i doubt it, the studios are busy making CoD 25 and milking the other franchises. When those franchises die we might see something more creative than the 95% overly streamlined games we see today.

vitornob

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
[citation][nom]darkavenger123[/nom]I still don't get it...FF7 was on the PC eons ago...unless this is a HD remake, i don't see the point.[/citation]

First line of this own article: "...accidentally let the HD re-release..."

G

How do you know it was the HD re-release, if nobody could play it?

The game is available now for purchase on PC in both the US and EU as far as I can see, with the exceptions of a few countries that seem to be having trouble buying it over at the EU store. Australia, New Zealand, and I believe Poland too, can't seem to buy it yet for some reason.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I never really got to playing this game fully when I was a kid. I know Im a bit late, but I want to see what all the fuss is about. I doubt its any better than FF6, but if its as good as people(fanboys) say, then its worth my $10.

EzioAs

Distinguished

It's still good. Better than X in my opinion. Although it's no better than VI or IX (my personal favorite)

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this, but does it include all the boss fights that were on the PSone version?

As I believe they missed out Ruby Weapon on the PC version, which is the reason why I replay it on my psx as opposed to my pc.

[citation][nom]Luay[/nom]Still waiting for the FFIV & VI 3D remake. These two games are the only memorable ones that came out of Squaresoft.[/citation]

FF4 already has a 3d remake on the DS. I agree with you about wanting an FF6 remake though. Remakes of FF5 and Secret of Mana wouldn't hurt, and maybe even an official US translation of Seiken Densetsu 3.

[citation][nom]Prostheus[/nom]How do you know it was the HD re-release, if nobody could play it?The game is available now for purchase on PC in both the US and EU as far as I can see, with the exceptions of a few countries that seem to be having trouble buying it over at the EU store. Australia, New Zealand, and I believe Poland too, can't seem to buy it yet for some reason.[/citation]

It will never be available in South africa, there isnt even an option for my country. Joy...

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]rantoc[/nom]Sadly i doubt it, the studios are busy making CoD 25 and milking the other franchises. When those franchises die we might see something more creative than the 95% overly streamlined games we see today.[/citation]
I swear...in fact even back then...Interplay didn't market FS2 because they wanted to sell Star Trek...idiots...now we can't even have FS3...long live the SCP...

Status
Not open for further replies.