Invalid Access Code

I have a small NT4 network with 7 WS, and a Directjet HP Laser Printer.
After 2 long storm caused power failures, I can only get my non-domain XPHome
WS to print to the HP4. The other WS, mostly Me and Win98 can see the
printer, but won't talk to it, returning an "Invalid Access Code" error.
NOthing in the system has been changed from when it worked properly. Any
suggestions??

Check your network connection's bindings. That appears to be a Netware error
code. You should only need to use tcp/ip protocol.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"DickW" wrote:
|I have a small NT4 network with 7 WS, and a Directjet HP Laser Printer.
| After 2 long storm caused power failures, I can only get my non-domain
XPHome
| WS to print to the HP4. The other WS, mostly Me and Win98 can see the
| printer, but won't talk to it, returning an "Invalid Access Code" error.
| NOthing in the system has been changed from when it worked properly. Any
| suggestions??

Thanks, Dave but Bindings are OK. I'm really stumped by this one. It
definitely happened after a 30 hr power outage, but I'm not sure why it
corrupted only the workstations accessing the domain and the XPHome boxes
work OK. No clue about that "access code" it's looking for.

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> Check your network connection's bindings. That appears to be a Netware error
> code. You should only need to use tcp/ip protocol.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "DickW" wrote:
> |I have a small NT4 network with 7 WS, and a Directjet HP Laser Printer.
> | After 2 long storm caused power failures, I can only get my non-domain
> XPHome
> | WS to print to the HP4. The other WS, mostly Me and Win98 can see the
> | printer, but won't talk to it, returning an "Invalid Access Code" error.
> | NOthing in the system has been changed from when it worked properly. Any
> | suggestions??

It's not an operating system error message however it could be a netware
error hence the reason I asked.

--

"DickW" wrote:
| Thanks, Dave but Bindings are OK. I'm really stumped by this one. It
| definitely happened after a 30 hr power outage, but I'm not sure why it
| corrupted only the workstations accessing the domain and the XPHome boxes
| work OK. No clue about that "access code" it's looking for.

I'll double shcek again. Not sure I checked on both the WS's and the server.
I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and upgrade to WS2003, but that
may create more compatability problems with some ot the older OS's like Win98
& Me.

Thanks again for your input.

DickW

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> It's not an operating system error message however it could be a netware
> error hence the reason I asked.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "DickW" wrote:
> | Thanks, Dave but Bindings are OK. I'm really stumped by this one. It
> | definitely happened after a 30 hr power outage, but I'm not sure why it
> | corrupted only the workstations accessing the domain and the XPHome boxes
> | work OK. No clue about that "access code" it's looking for.

As always Event Viewer may provide more details so be sure to look there.

--

"DickW" wrote:
| I'll double shcek again. Not sure I checked on both the WS's and the
server.
| I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and upgrade to WS2003, but
that
| may create more compatability problems with some ot the older OS's like
Win98
| & Me.
|
| Thanks again for your input.
|
| DickW

Good point. Didnt think of that. I'll have to blow it off till Monday, but
will let you know what I find. Thanks again.