RADEON 7500 - TV-OUT not working properly.

ythibodeau

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2005
Setup: PC with Windows XP, JVC 27" TV. Hooked up with S-Video cable.

Problem: My TV flickers between the computer screen, and the 'Video-1 Input Blue Screen'.

Refresh rate is set to 60Hz. But still, it does not stay on!

I need help guys. It's the AGP card.

slipchuck

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2002
I have the same problems with my 7500 all in wonder. it is due to my dual monitor set up....on card (7500) is AGP and the other is PCI....
for some reason I would have to disable the second card for the all in wonder captures features to work....to much of a pain in the butt cause dual montors are a feature I can't live without.....
I am getting the ATI 9600xt all in wonder which has dual monitor capabilites so the conflicts in the different cards will not be an issue and I can use the all in wonder for capturing.

you might want to think about an upgraded all in wonder....
my system (P4 1.8 ) is to slow for the greatest all in wonder....
9600 seems to be the sweat spot between price, performance, and playing games that the cpu can still do....

good luck

G

I had the problem that my ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 card would not properly display svideo output onto my TV. I could sort of make out the images but they were flickering horribly in black and white. I tried downloading driver from windows update, as well as from ATI, and also from a few random driver sites. None of them worked. Eventually, I tried the drivers directly from the IBM Thinkpad R40 driver update website, and it worked like a charm! WOOHOO! Now I can watch movies!