Asus P5LD2-VM Problems

Jenobi

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2005
I am very new when it comes to building computers, this is my first try in building one.

The problem I have is that when I boot up the computer, before it starts to load the off the HD, there is an error that looks like the blue screen of death. Saying my HD may be infected with a virus, or if its a new Harddisk take it out.Check /F or something like that. The thing is, its a brand new HD and when I try to boot up using a windows XP disk to format, same thing happens.

When i go into bios, it detects my rom, but doesnt detect my HD. I've tested this hd on my old computer and it works. This is my second motherboard i have used and the same problem exist. I think there might be something wrong with the setup. ANybody had the same problem and can anybody help?Thanks.

Here is some of what i have:
-380w psu
-6600gt pci-e, 1gig dual ddr2 533 ram
-dvd writer
-80 gig hitachi pata hd (problem detecting).

I would appreciate any help.

mpjesse

Splendid
Ttry this: there's usually a boot virus scannning option in the BIOS. Turn it off. If that doesn't work, then you might very well have a virus in the boot sector. In that case, I would return the hard drive and maybe get a different brand.

-mpjesse