Wireless/Wired Networking

geoff

I have an existing wired network connecting two desktops through a router
with wireless capabilities. I would like to network these computers with a
wireless laptop, but I'm being endlessly dumbfounded. The two laptops are
running XP Home while the laptop is running XP Pro.

First of all, I should mention that the laptop is connected to the internet
through the router, wirelessly, but it is unable to connect to the other
computers. When I try to view the workgroup with the laptop, it tells me
"<workgroup name> is not accessible. You might not have permission to use
this network resource. Contact the administrator of the this server to find
out if you have access permissions. The list of servers for this workgroup is
not currently available." When I view it from either of the desktops, it
shows me all 3 computers, but gives me that same message about the laptop
with the laptop name substituted for the workgroup name.

I tried setting up a wireless network, but when I transfer the wireless
network laptop data from the laptop to either desktop, it tells me that I
cannot because they don't have wireless adapters/wireless adapter software.

All firewalls are disabled and I have already attempted, to no avail, to fix
possible corrept winsock problems.

Please help, I've been racking my brains out all day.

Thanks.

Hi
Jack (MVP-Networking).