WINAT scheduled batch failing with error

jamie

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2002

Hi All,
We are using winat to try to automate a number of
processes, and have a problem.

when we schedule a batch file to run using winat, part of
the batch has to modify a string in the registry. now when
its activated, it bombs out without actually doing the
modification. There is no error to help matters.

The scheduler service was using a system account, so we
changed it to the user account that when run manually,
works fine. But even with this change it still fails.

Anyone encountered the problem, or can suggest a solution?
Used technet to look for anything matching it, and no luck
so far.

Regards

The best way I have found to use WINAT is to install WINAT
as a service, then let it run with the system account and
check the box allow it to "interact with desktop".

I tried running the job with an admin account in the past,
and it always failed for me also.

Dave