my amd xp 3000 says its a 2200??

inuyashafly

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
i now you have to set it in the bios. i screwed it up by going to defaults. and now i cant remember how to chang it. its not in the regular bios as far as i can tell. i did it before but i just cant remember what to do.

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
you remind of my cousin..............

anyways where in the computer says that its a xp-2200? and do you have one of them jumperless mobos? if you do then going to default should not screw ya up, and if you didn't open the case then i don't think jumper screw up is a likely culprit....

unless you defaulted an OCed machine..... that could explain the drop in speed

inuyashafly

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
i didnt leave my specs cuz i figured the same people that have been helping me would kinda remember by now.
ms-7021 from msi it has jumpers it says that every were you can check it. in cpuz to umm when you right click on my computer and go to probperties.. just everywere. my fsb should be able to go to 400 but my cpu limit is 333

endyen

Splendid
That should make your board the KT6V-LSR. Unfortuneatly, I dont have a copy of your manual, and the MSI sight wont let me download it.
You need to reboot your computer, and hold the del key while it posts. This will get you into the bios. You will have to look through the sections until you find fsb. The number will be 133, or 266, or 133/266. you need to change it to 166,if you see 133 or 333if you see 266, or 166/333 if you see 133/266. Then hit f10 and yes.
You should also check that your vram is 2.7, and that your primary graphics is agp, as well as a bunch of other things.
Reading the part of your manual about bios may help a lot.

inuyashafly

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
i dont have my manual any more. but no i fucked it up bad. i swiched my cpu fsb from 133 to the max of 280. it seems like my computer boots up but the monitor wont turn on wtf im so screwed. any ideas?

it doesnt start at all i dont remember for sure but i think it doesnt even get to post. i have a usp thing that does a diagnostic thing the first one lights green then the second, but the first gose red again, other two red.. like i said idont have the manual so dont know for sure what it means but did i kill my dammn cpu? i dont see any that looks wrong inside but i dont know how to acully take my cpu out to look at it. it was origionally set to 266 would 280 kill it the first time? it didnt ever start up once i changed it it just never turned on agaiin oh majn im screwed.

endyen

Splendid
Now you need to reset your bios. Normally, you just move a jumper over, then back, but you need the manual to know what jumper. You should be able to do the same thing, by taking the mobo battery out, and waiting about 1/2 hour before putting it back. This will reset your bios. Then you will have to set your fsb. This time, set it to 166, ok?

jimbo99

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2003
i dont have my manual any more. but no i fucked it up bad. i swiched my cpu fsb from 133 to the max of 280. it seems like my computer boots up but the monitor wont turn on wtf im so screwed. any ideas?

I think *he thinks* he needs to set the FSB to 333 and hence that's why he upped it to 280. He needs to set it to 166 not 280.

If he no longer has the manual he needs to find a way to download the manual from on-line so he can review the jumpers and answer some questions. He needs to open his case, locate the battery, unplug the power to the computer, unplug the battery and let it set for a while. After the settings are reset he needs to plug the battery back in. (He should do this if he can't locate the jumper on the motherboard that resets the bios.)

inuyashafly

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
i feel like such an idiot... but i dont get why my fsb should be set to 166? if my fsb is said to be 333. is it one of the things were it is like doubled etc?th
thanks a ton i was freaking out(obviosly)

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
The FSB of AXPs sends two signals per clock. Marketspeak calls this 333MHz, when the truth is that the actual clock generator is still only 166MHz, it's just sending twice as much data per clock tick. Some motherboard manufacturers speak in marketspeak. Some speak in technical truth. And some speak in both. So sometimes 166MHz is 166MHz, and sometimes 166MHz is 333MHz. :lol:

inuyashafly

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
now i feel like more of an idiot. now that i think of it I new all that. uhhg. well pulling the bater worked i set my bios right. im curious tho i can set a cpu critical tempurature, should i? I dont over clock.