Windows Installer download

Pamela

After downloading the Windows NT and Windows 2000 Windows
Installer 2.0 update (via www.microsoft.com/downloads)to
a cd, I copy the file to my NT workstation. I receive
the following error:

"Wrong OS or OS version for application". This same file
works fine for my Windows 2000 workstation, but will not
execute correctly for the Windows NT 4.0 machine. Any
thoughts?

lee

"Pamela" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<103901c4a66f$93dd6fc0$a401280a@phx.gbl>...
> After downloading the Windows NT and Windows 2000 Windows
> Installer 2.0 update (via www.microsoft.com/downloads)to
> a cd, I copy the file to my NT workstation. I receive
> the following error:
>
> "Wrong OS or OS version for application". This same file
> works fine for my Windows 2000 workstation, but will not
> execute correctly for the Windows NT 4.0 machine. Any
> thoughts?

It says clearly on this page
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?releaseid=32832

that Service Pack 6 is required in order to use version 2
of the Windows Installer. So what's your service pack level?