Intel's Quad Core vs AMD's 'More Than Two Cores'

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
oh man can't wait, 2008 Intel is gonna ROCK once again...

btw, Amd is not really sure on how many cores they'll have, they gotta see what Intel is doing first.

julius

Distinguished
May 19, 2004
dude, seriously, what the hell are you talking about? there was a long ass post about how amd was gonna release quad core opterons in 2007. intel is also going to release a 4 core processor in a dual die package in 2007, 2008 will be the introduction of true quad cores according to intel, amd did not say anything yet about its desktop quad cores, but i would say 2008 too. if you meant to say that intel was going to release a quad core on the desktop first, then yes, all hail intel.

rettihSlluB

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2005
There are times when I believe that this @sshole is Fugger.

AMDMeltdown is a sexually repressed guy that has to discharge all his "energy" to Intel since AMD is not doing the job for him :lol:

Have a life dude.

jimbo99

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2003
There are times when I believe that this @sshole is Fugger.

AMDMeltdown is a sexually repressed guy that has to discharge all his "energy" to Intel since AMD is not doing the job for him :lol:

Have a life dude.

Hey, give him credit. He, at least, always supports the underdog. Anyway, the tail has been wagging the dog for a couple years now. That says more for AMD then it ever would for Intel.

I like Intel and AMD both. I have mostly AMD machines but I also have a dual Xeon 3.6 GHz Irwindale based system with PCI Express SLI. I love them both.

The guys purpose behind these posts has nothing to do with technical nor innovation nor revolution/evolution. His intent is to cause flames. It makes no sense to permit him to post when he's not contributing.

Tom's Hardware is not an AMD enthusiast site. He's here because the site has a large and highly technical audience. This sort of stuff shouldn't be here because it doesn't contribute to the reason why Tom's Hardware was created. Even so, if you bump the guy off the forumz he'll be back with another alias.

The only solution is to not make comments regarding his posts. He'll get bored and find another way to express his bias.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
Might have to do with the fact AMD doesnt have to push out new cpus like they are going out of stile. Intel is playing catchup and has been for years. AMD like any company that has no compatition sits around waiting for someone to catch up a little then pushs out a new product. Hence the problem with one company look at microsoft for example. obviously its going to be a quad core but then again no one is accusing you of using your brain or having any common sense what so ever.

A troll is often someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy or antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion, including the personal attack of calling others trolls. Often, trolls assume multiple aliases, or sock puppets.
150px-DoNotFeedTroll.svg.png

This is where the don't feed the trolls message comes in.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
well i hope that wasnt directed tword me then since that wasnt my intention i was just surfing some threads and keep seeing this guy talking out of his ass. I am told he has a couple accounts though.

gr8mikey

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2002
AMDMeltdown posted this troll thread back and december and is still getting traffic on it.

Hats off to AMDMeltdown! He truly is a troll of legendary proportions!

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
oh man can't wait, 2008 Intel is gonna ROCK once again...

btw, Amd is not really sure on how many cores they'll have, they gotta see what Intel is doing first.
Are you joking? Core 2 Duo is already destroying AMD's lineup, and in 2008 Intel will have Yorkfield on it's way.
hmmm so you admit that intel sux right now?
If by sucks right now, you mean they have a better product in nearly every market, then yes they're sucking pretty badly right now.