Wireless problem

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
August 23, 2005 7:47:56 AM

I've connected two computers by wireless network. Connection is
established, signal quality is excellent, but I can't share my folders
between two computers. I tried to ping between computers, but there is
no answer. I disabled firewalls, ip settings: 192.168.0.1 and
192.168.0.2 mask 255.255.255.0.

Please help me to solve the problem.

Sim.

More about : wireless problem

August 23, 2005 2:01:06 PM

What OS? Have you defined shares on each?

-Frank

<topsim@op.pl> wrote in message
> I've connected two computers by wireless network. Connection is
> established, signal quality is excellent, but I can't share my folders
> between two computers. I tried to ping between computers, but there is
> no answer. I disabled firewalls, ip settings: 192.168.0.1 and
> 192.168.0.2 mask 255.255.255.0.
>
> Please help me to solve the problem.
>
> Sim.

August 23, 2005 7:05:01 PM

Are you doing an Ad Hoc network and have it set up that way, or do you
have some type of router?

Clark

topsim@op.pl wrote:
> I've connected two computers by wireless network. Connection is
> established, signal quality is excellent, but I can't share my folders
> between two computers. I tried to ping between computers, but there is
> no answer. I disabled firewalls, ip settings: 192.168.0.1 and
> 192.168.0.2 mask 255.255.255.0.
>
> Please help me to solve the problem.
>
> Sim.

a b F Wireless
August 24, 2005 9:54:28 AM

ad hoc network , windows xp sp2
August 24, 2005 5:13:19 PM

Do you have file sharing set up on both computers?

If you do an ipconfig /all command in the command window, what are you
showing for addresses and such?

Clark

topsim@op.pl wrote:
> ad hoc network , windows xp sp2

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 18, 2005 12:26:07 PM

I think the best way is, you should make your Ad-hoc network using automatic
Ips not Static, and when it is connected. then run Home Network setup wizard.

it will help you.
!