Google Develops Prior Art Finder

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

wtf?!! theviper - Did you sue that goof? Why did you pay a lawyer? They probably sent the work to a patent searcher and charged you 3x the fee.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
I can already see the headline now "Apple Sues Google Prior Art Finder"

Reason because Apple feels Google is picking on them and unfair business practices.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
This is interesting but IBM's Watson has already done this with medical patents which resulted in Watson finding 2.5 million unique patents which it then went on to discover the earliest patentee for each compound and uploaded its results to the U.S. National Institute of Health. As such there has been speculation of IBM moving to do this in other fields of patents as well (ie. tech sector).

IBM BAO strategic IP insight platform (SIIP): http://www-935.ibm.com/services/us/gbs/bao/siip/

Would be interesting to know if it covers trademarks as well. The band I'm in needs a name and everything we come up with has been trademarked all ready, but the bands that trademarked the names are no longer together/playing/releasing albums/touring. I'd hate to have to buy a trademark, but it's starting to look like that's what we're gonna need to do.

samkl

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
That's a very useful tool. I doubt it will have any reasonable effects on big corps. But it will surely disrupt patent lawyers/agents scalping small businesses and startup entrepreneurs.

All patent lawyers I worked with, always say don't do any prior art search. I assume it's because they dont want to lose your cheque.
Good job Google!
Samkl

Status
Not open for further replies.