My "Shortcut To Desktop"(DESKLINK file) does not work

Washburn

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2004

I think i may have deleted my shortcut by accident.I found
a couple in "Find Files and Folders",but their "Send To"
shortcuts.Do i have to re-run the disk just to make it
work again?In properties of these 3 i found,2 have 0 KB
sizes and 1 has 1KB in size.Could someone please help?????

lee

"Washburn" <washburnnc@aol.com> wrote in message news:<1f4801c4a8aa$42aedfc0$a301280a@phx.gbl>...
> I think i may have deleted my shortcut by accident.I found
> a couple in "Find Files and Folders",but their "Send To"
> shortcuts.Do i have to re-run the disk just to make it
> work again?In properties of these 3 i found,2 have 0 KB
> sizes and 1 has 1KB in size.Could someone please help?????

Easy solution is to let Windows make you a new one. Type
into the Run Box
Regsvr32 Sendmail.dll

Then Reboot.

If no joy then be sure these keys and values exist in the
registry and try again.

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.DeskLink]
@="CLSID\\{9E56BE61-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9E56BE61-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}]
@="Desktop (create shortcut)"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Send To]
@="{7BA4C740-9E81-11CF-99D3-00AA004AE837}"

Explanation of Regsvr32 Usage and Error Messages (Q249873)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=249873