Password Unknown on NT Login

Kel

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2004

Does anyone know how to reset or go around the login to
windows NT? I don't know the password to get onto windows.

Calvin

Hi Kel,

You cannot bypass the security measures. That is the whole point of NT 4.0, it
is a secure operating system designed specifically to prevent unauthorised
access to the files hosted on it ! (There are ways around this, but not by the
average 'end-user')

Try:

Off-Line Password Editor by Petter Nordahl-Hagen - allows you to reset the Admin
(or any other account) password if you lose it without having to reinstall the
whole OS.

If you are not confident tackling fairly technical, and potentially risky
activities on the Server by yourself, (by risky I mean that a wrong action could
result in loss of files or the entire operating system) I would seek out
professional help.

Calvin.