Macromedia Flash Player and Shockwave Player

jerome

Distinguished
May 17, 2002

Hi

What is the difference between Flash Player and Shockwave
Player? I have been to the Macromedia Website and after
wading through the text I'm still not sure what the
difference is. Are these both considered Freeware and are
the latest versions/upgrades free? The reason I'm asking
the question is that Microsoft states, in a crash
analysis, that there is a problem with flash player but
my download history/folder only shows shockwave player.
Thanks.

Kris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Shockwave and Flash are both owned by Macromedia and are similar in the fact
that they can play back specific files that are commonly used on Internet
sites. The players themselves are freeware and can easily be downloaded from:
www.download.com - Just do a search for them and you're away! =)

Hope that helps!