I have windows 7 64bit premium edition installed. There's been no problem with it until recently.
The problems are:
- Errors coming up when I have installed a program - Error CLR 80004005. The programs are compatible and they always install correctly.
- Various administrator problems. I'm the administrator and yet several programs, such as spyware terminator, will not recognise me as such and disallows me from performing things saying that I need to be an administrator to make the changes or to delete the virus.
- It uses FAR too much ram. It will often stay at 37% and will go up to 50 and even 80% capacity.
- Mozilla often lags, crashes or freezes.
- Often programs will crash, saying it's a "immdevice crash/appcrash"
I'd really love some suggestions about this as my computer is quite powerful and is less than a year old.
Just dump problem programs and re-install them.
Never heard of Spyware Terminator and i've been around pc's for a while.
The first error you listed is Net.Framework related.Make sure you have the latest version which is 4. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?Fami...
Most of the things you mention lead me to believe Win7 was added to a system with a prior o/s like XP or Vista.
Win7 will perform much better on a clean install removing all traces of previous O/S.
Thanks for that advice - I've downloaded the Net.Framework and installed it fine. However, it didn't solve my problem in applications crashing....
As for previous operation systems prior to the one I have, it's was installed on a clean slate...
Thanks for the advice though - do you have any other??!!