nt 4.0 / 2000 server Trust

Have a trust setup between a windwos 2000 domain and a NT 4.0 domain.

We need to give the domain users group in the NT domain access to a server
in the Windows 2000 domain.

In the NT 4.0 domain I can see users and groups in the 2000 domain and add
them to groups in the NT domain.

In the 2000 domain we can not see users or groups in the NT domain but the
trust validates fine?

Any Ideas?