Intermittent flashing screen in Windows NT

I have an IBM Thinkpad running Windows NT. It works fine
apart from every so often the screen goes blank and then
after a split second brings the display back up and I can
carry on working. I've had a few messages about low
resources, but I've checked the swap file etc. I checked
the Microsoft Knowledge Base, but nothing came up...any
ideas??

Set a longer delay time for your screensaver. Does the number of flashes
reduce?