it's proabbly fine with the right fans and precautions
a c 158 ) Power supply
December 6, 2005 12:31:01 PM

Loompa....I just couldn't resist.
Related resources
December 6, 2005 4:49:37 PM

No intake fans?
December 7, 2005 10:27:55 AM

It has 2 intake fans and 2 outtake fans at the back. 1 intake is on side window the other is in front.
December 7, 2005 11:01:31 AM

The case is fine for cooling.....like almost every other case.

In fact its hard to find one thats BAD for cooling. Some you have options about how to cool....others you need high powered fans, but rarely is a case so bad you can't do anythig to make it cool.

Make sure you get quiet fans....4 of them +PSU will start to get loud in a hurry if you dont get quiet fans.
December 10, 2005 9:14:15 PM

I have this case and its great for cooling.

You'll want to get a fan controller and some quiet fans like said as with all those 80MM fans going then you CPU Fan, GFX Fan and power supply things can get a bit ridiculous.

A great case though, solid, good looking and nice internal deign.

User457

PS.. i have used all types of cases but the Chieftec Dragon has to be one of my favourites for ease of installation... the thing is huge !!!

oh and be aware that if your buying BLACK its actually hifi Black which means its more greyish... if you put black drives in you'll see what i mean.
December 11, 2005 3:05:31 AM

Yes, we have some real retards in here! The Chieftech Dragon is one of the most popular cases of all time, part of that is because it has good cooling for such an old design, dual 80mm fans in front, dual 80mm fans in rear, and low-restriction grills with enough offset to reduce noise.

Many of the cases these idiots are considering have 120mm fan mounts with high-restriction grills with too little offset from the surface. The Dragon is superior even though it uses 80mm fans.

Being idiots a lot of these guys don't realize that half of the Antec cases they've desired over the years are simply rebranded Chieftech Dragons. That's because they love Antec, they want to make love to Antec's CEO, and Antec is their god. It's called brand recognition.

Oh, yes, the Chieftech Dragons are fine. I'd probably pick something a bit more modern, but that's a matter of preference.
December 11, 2005 9:00:16 AM

Quote:
Yes, we have some real retards in here! The Chieftech Dragon is one of the most popular cases of all time, part of that is because it has good cooling for such an old design, dual 80mm fans in front, dual 80mm fans in rear, and low-restriction grills with enough offset to reduce noise.

Many of the cases these idiots are considering have 120mm fan mounts with high-restriction grills with too little offset from the surface. The Dragon is superior even though it uses 80mm fans.

Being idiots a lot of these guys don't realize that half of the Antec cases they've desired over the years are simply rebranded Chieftech Dragons. That's because they love Antec, they want to make love to Antec's CEO, and Antec is their god. It's called brand recognition.

Oh, yes, the Chieftech Dragons are fine. I'd probably pick something a bit more modern, but that's a matter of preference.

Yes... Doesn't this look similar ????

http://www.dvhardware.net/modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=...
December 11, 2005 12:35:28 PM

Yes, that's a Chieftech Dragon.

Antec got their own faceplate from the outset, which was only a little different than Chieftech's. And both versions existed before front panel connectors were added, but Antec got the front panel connectors with the little door first, Chieftech had to wait, that might have been a 1-year exclusivity agreement on the feature or something.

Anyway, I really don't think people who don't know what a Chieftech Dragon is should be giving advice on cases. That's like a guy who doesn't know what a "350 Chevy" is trying to give advice on hot-rod building.
December 11, 2005 10:05:53 PM

Its agreed then.

Chieftec are Great for cases.. there power supplies aren't that bad either.

Well done Chieftec.
!